Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam
MEGA FOOD PARK AT MATHURA
Union Minister for Food Processing Industries laid foundation stone for M/s Nandvan Mega Food Park Private Limited located in Mathura in Uttar Pradesh.
Government of India has approved a financial assistance of 40% to set up the Mega Food Park. The facilities being created by M/s Nandvan Mega Food Park Private Limited at Central Processing Centre (CPC) of this Mega Food Park include.
- Multipurpose Cold Storage
- Individually Quick Frozen (IQF)with Frozen Storage
- Dry Warehouse
- Raw milk packaging Line
- Pulses and Grain packaging line
- Food testing lab. In addition,
- the lead promoter will also setup an Anchor Unit for Dairy Processing with plant capacity of 500 TPD
Mega Food Park:
- The Scheme of Mega Food Park aims at providing a mechanism to link agricultural production to the market by bringing together farmers, processors and retailers so as to ensure maximizing value addition, minimizing wastage, increasing farmers income and creating employment opportunities particularly in rural sector.
- The Mega Food Park Scheme is based on “Cluster” approach and envisages creation of state of art support infrastructure in a well-defined agri / horticultural zone for setting up of modern food processing units in the industrial plots provided in the park with well-established supply chain.
- Mega food park typically consist of supply chain infrastructure including collection centers, primary processing centers, central processing centers, cold chain and around 30-35 fully developed plots for entrepreneurs to set up food processing units.
Prime Minister launched DD Arunprabha at Arunachal Pradesh. He also laid foundation stone of Film and Television Institute (FTI).
Details of DD Arunprabha:
- DD Arunprabhais the 24th satellite channel operated by Doordarshan.
- It is equipped with state of the art facilities, including a Digital Satellite News Gathering unit to provide live coverage from remote locations, for 24×7 telecast.
- The playout facility and the earth stations established at DDK Itanagar will ensure seamless transmission of DD Arunprabha.
Significance of DD Arunprabha:
- The channel will showcase the rich tradition and diversity of local culture.
- it integrates North-East with the country, also bring alive the magnificence of North-East by airing content sensitive to the needs and aspirations of local population including news, travelogues, mythological shows, documentaries, magazines, tele-films, reality shows, daily shows etc.
Film And Television Institute:
- The permanent campus of Film and Television Institute will come up atJollang-Rakap (Jote), Papum Pare, Arunachal Pradesh.
- This is the third Film and Television Institute of Ministry of I&B, the first two being FTII Pune and SRFTI Kolkata. It is the first Film and Television Institute of entire North-East.
- It will provide a boost to the talented youngsters of the North-East in film and television sector
FOUNDATION STONE FOR 7 EXTRA HIGH VOLTAGE (EHV) SUB-STATIONS AND 24 LOW TENSION (LT) SUB-STATIONS
The Prime Minister laid the foundation stone for 7 Extra High Voltage (EHV) Sub-stations and 24 Low Tension (LT) Sub-stations today in Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh.
- This project is a major step towards meeting the national objectives of affordable 24X7 power to all, especially in the remote locations of Arunachal Pradesh and shall also help in bringing the per capita power consumption of the State( 233 kwhr) closer to national average (1075 kWh).
- The project will give impetus to the inclusive growth by enhancing the consumers’ access to reliable and affordable grid connected power supply.
- It will lead to reduction in operation of Diesel Generating Plants in Arunachal Pradesh thus bringing socio-economic and environmental benefits to the people of Arunachal Pradesh.
- The project will also facilitate in development of small scale/cottage industries/tourism in the region and boost economic growth by enabling supply of quality power.
- This project will give impetus to integration of upcoming Hydro Power Generating Plants in Arunachal Pradesh with the National Grid.
- The project is being implemented by Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (POWERGRID) a ‘Navratna’ Company under Ministry of Power, Government of India.