Six new user friendly features of National Agriculture Market (e-NAM) Platform launched
- The Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, Shri Radha Mohan Singh today launched six new features of National Agriculture Market (e-NAM) Platform to make it more users friendly.
- The objective is to bring more transparency and competition and provide remunerative prices to farmers.
Six new features are
- e-NAM Mobile App
- BHIM payment facility
- New and improved Website with eLearning Module
- MIS Dashboard
- Grievance Redressal Management System for Mandi Secretaries
- Integration with Farmer Database
NITI Forum for Northeast
- The Union Government has issued order setting up the ‘Niti Forum for North-East’.
- The forum will be co-chaired by the Vice-Chairman of NITI Aayog and Minister of State (I/C), Ministry of Development of Northeastern Region (DoNER).
- The forum will have its Secretariat in the Ministry of DoNER.
- The NITI Forum for Northeast is tasked to identify various constraints on the way of accelerated, inclusive and sustainable economic growth in the North East Region of the country and to recommend suitable interventions for addressing identified constraints.
NER’s first regional Centre for Agriculture
- It is North East’s first regional Centre for Agriculture with Israeli collaboration to be set up in Mizoram
- This will be the first such centre in the North East region of India that is being established with Israeli collaboration.
- The project has been set up with the tripartite collaboration of Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Government of India, Government of Israel and State Government of Mizoram.
- Though located in Mizoram, this centre will cater to the whole north east.
Global Digital Health Partnership Symposium
- Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare during his address said that Digital health has great potential towards reducing inequity in provisioning and distribution of healthcare resources and services.
- Global Digital Health Partnership Symposium is being held in Sydney, Australia.
- The Union Health Minister spoke on the topic: The role of digital health in supporting improved health outcomes in India.
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.