Four priority programmes identified for PM’s Awards for Excellence in Public Administration
- The Civil Services Day is celebrated on the 21st of April, every year, where civil servants rededicate themselves to public service and awards for excellence in Public Administration are also conferred.
- The Awards are given to acknowledge the exemplary and innovative work done by the officers of the Central and State Governments in implementation of selected Priority Programmes and for Innovation in Public Governance.
- In addition to the awards in Priority Programmes, two awards shall also be given to organizations of Central/State Government/ District for innovations in Environment Conservation, Disaster Management, Water Conservation, Energy, Education and Health, Women and Child Centric Initiatives etc.
- A new category of awards for Additional Secretary/Joint Secretary level officers and Director/ Deputy Secretary serving in Government of India has also been introduced this year to recognize their contribution towards bringing about transformational improvements in processes/systems through simplification and process re-engineering etc.
Following four priority programmes have been identified for the awards to be presented on Civil Services Day 2018:
- Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana,
- Promoting Digital Payments,
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban & Rural, and
- Deen Dayal Upadhayay Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDUGKY).
The two-day Sanskriti Mahotsav
- The two day long Sanskriti Mahotsavorganised by the Ministry of Culture “Ras Banaras – Swachhagrah – Bapu ko Kaaryaanjali” at Man Mandir and Assi Ghat began in Varanasi.
- The 2-day event is focused on music and dance performances on the theme of ‘Swachhagraha’
- Integrating the tangible and intangible heritage along the river-belt different institutions/missions like the National Mission for Clean Ganga and Namami Ganga Jagriti Yatra, the academia, artists, artisans came together giving the cultural expressions to the conservation and protection of the river.
SARAS completes the second test-flight successfully
- The NAL Saras is the first Indian multi-purpose civilian aircraft in the light transport aircraft category as designed by the National Aerospace Laboratories (NAL).
- The design and development of the aircraft is being done by CSIR-National Aerospace Laboratories, NAL.
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, HAL has been identified as the production agency for the military version of SARAS.
- While the production of civil version will be given to identified private industries.
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.