Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam
National Museum of Indian Cinema
- The National Museum of Indian Cinema has been set up to showcase the rich cinematic history of India as well as to encapsulate socio-cultural history of India as revealed through evolution of Cinema.
- It will take the visitors through an absorbing journey of more than a century of Indian Cinema in a story telling mode with the help of visuals and graphics, film clippings, artifacts, publicity materials, interactive exhibits and many more.
- Located at Films Division Complex in South Mumbai, it is spread over two buildings, in the historic Gulshan Mahal and New Museum Building.
- The New Museum Building consists of four levels: Level 1 – Gandhi & Cinema, Level 2 – Children’s Film Studio, Level 3 – Technology, Creativity and Indian Cinema and Level 4 – Cinema across India.
- It is in the state of Gujarat
- Shetrunji River originates from Gir Jungle and meets in cambay.
- The Shetrunji receives several tributaries on both the banks. There are 9 tributaries having length more than 15 km.
- Safara, Shel, Kharai and Talaji are four tributaries on the right bank
- Stali, Thebu, Gagadia, Rajawal and Kharo are on the left bank.
Shetrunji dam is located on Shetrunji river which was raised for providing irrigation and drinking water to people in the region
Shehri Samridhi Utsav
- This is organized by Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation
- The event aims at extending the outreach of National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM) to the poorest of the poor and the most vulnerable, showcase its initiatives and facilitate access of SHG members to the other government schemes.
- Raksha Mantri inaugurated the 426.60 metre long Pre Stressed Concrete Box Girder type bridge over Diffo river on Roing-Koron-Paya road in Arunachal Pradesh.
- It would provide uninterrupted access between Dibang valley and Lohit valley region of Eastern Arunachal Pradesh
- It would provide an all-weather Road to the troops deployed on the China Border.
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.