Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam
First Swadesh Darshan Project in Sikkim
Union Minister for Tourism will be inaugurating the project “Development of North East Circuit: Rangpo– Rorathang- Aritar- Phadamchen- Nathang-Sherathang- Tsongmo- Gangtok-Phodong- Mangan- Lachung-Yumthang- Lachen- Thangu-Gurudongmer- Mangan- Gangtok-Tuminlingee- Singtam” implemented under Swadesh Darshan Scheme of Ministry of Tourism, Government of India.
About Swadesh Darshan scheme:
- Swadesh Darshan scheme is one of the flagship scheme of Ministry of tourism for development of thematic circuits in the country in a planned and prioritised manner.
- Under this scheme the Government is focussing on development of quality infrastructure in the country with objective of providing better experience and facilities to the visitors on one hand and on other hand fostering the economic growth.
Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation Signs an MoU with National Council of Applied Economic Research
The Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI), Government of India and National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to use new data technologies, knowledge generation and knowledge sharing, and capacity building in the field of Official Statistics.
The MoU would lead to strengthening and better monitoring of data quality and timeliness of various statistical products and services generated by the Ministry including, Gross Domestic Product (GDP), Economic Census, Price Statistics, Index of Industrial Production (IIP), and Annual Survey of Industries (ASI), etc.
Key activities envisaged under the MoU:
- Business Process Review (“BPR”) of the existing official statistics system and development of an information and communication technology (“ICT”) plan for mainstreaming data integration across various domains and agencies.
- Using technology for survey instruments and processing of data for large scale surveys and data analytics.
- Creation of a national data warehouse to integrate administrative statistical datasets available up to the local Government level.
- Leveraging administrative data to improve the quality and coverage of core statistics with technical support and collaboration with data producers.
- Setting up common standards and protocols for data collection, its quality, meta-data and use across line ministries and sub-national entities.
- Development of new ICT based framework for measurement of social and economic indicators in the emerging knowledge-based economy.
- Capacity building for statistical activities including big data analytics, technical reporting, etc.
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.