TABLE OF CONTENTS
Syllabus: GS-1, History, Modern Indian History- Significant events
Prelims: Mangarh Hillock, Bhil freedom fighters
Mangarh hillock in Rajasthan declared a monument of national importance as a tribute to 1500 Bhil tribal freedom fighters.
- Mangarh Hillock is a hillock in the Aravalli range and situated in Banswara District, Rajasthan, near the Rajasthan-Gujarat border.
- On 17 November 1913, a gathering of local Bhils numbering about 1500 were brutally killed by the British army when they refused to disperse.
- The Bhils assembled were followers of social reformer Govind Guru, who led the “Bhagat movement” in the late 19th century among Bhil tribes, which aimed to ’emancipate’ them by prescribing, among other things, adherence to vegetarianism and abstinence from all kinds of intoxicants.
- The Bhils rose in rebellion against the oppressive policies of the British and forced farm labour imposed by the local princely rulers.
Syllabus: GS-3; Economy; Economics of animal-rearing.
Prelims: Animal Health Summit
Union Minister inaugurated India’s first-ever Animal Health Summit.
- The summit, held in New Delhi, envisioned understanding the significance of animal health towards the broader objective of the country’s food and nutrition security, rural incomes and prosperity and overall economic development.
- The event was organized by the Indian Chamber of Food and Agriculture (ICFA) and the Agriculture Today Group.
Syllabus: GS-3; Environment, Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation
Prelims: About newly developed E-cycle
Rapidly charging E-cycle developed with Na-ion batteries and supercapacitors.
- Scientists from the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur have developed Na-ion-based batteries and supercapacitors using nano-materials.
- These have been incorporated in e-cycles.
- They offer the advantage of being chargeable faster. Other benefits are:
- These sodium materials are cheaper than Li-based materials, high performing, and can be scaled up to industrial-level production.
- The Na-ion cell can also be totally discharged to zero volt, similar to a capacitor, making it a safer option in comparison to many other storage technologies.
- They would also be more climate-friendly since the disposal of Na-ion batteries is also cheaper.
- This innovation has the potential to significantly reduce the prices of e-cycles to about Rs.10-15K, which is cheaper than the Li-ion storage technologies-based e-cycles by about 25%.
- This development has raised academic and commercial interests because of the possibility of them being complementary to Li-ion batteries on account of the abundance of sodium in nature and the consequent low costs.
Read previous PIB here.
July 6th, 2022, PIB:- Download PDF Here
|National Commission for Women||Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme|
|Gati Shakti Master Plan||Ek Bharat Shreshth Bharat|
|PM Mitra Parks||PMFME Scheme|