Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam
- Indian Railways Launches “Mission Satyanishtha” a Program on Ethics in Public Governance.
- The objectives of the Mission are:
- To train every employee to understand the need and value of ethics in Personal and Public life.
- To deal with ethical dilemmas in life and Public Governance.
- To help understand the policies of Indian Railways on ethics and integrity and the employee’s role in upholding the same.
- To develop inner governance through tapping inner resources.
National Viral Hepatitis Control Program
- MoHFW has launched the ‘National Viral Hepatitis Control Program’, with the goal of ending viral hepatitis as a public health threat by 2030 in the country.
- Aim: To reduce morbidity and mortality due to viral hepatitis.
- The key strategies include:
- preventive and promotive interventions with focus on awareness generation,
- safe injection practices and socio-cultural practices,
- sanitation and hygiene,
- safe drinking water supply,
- infection control and immunization;
- co-ordination and collaboration with different Ministries and departments;
- increasing access to testing and management of viral hepatitis;
- promoting diagnosis and providing treatment support for patients of hepatitis B &C through standardized testing and management protocols with focus on treatment of hepatitis B and C;
- building capacities at national, state, district levels and sub-district level up to Primary Health Centres (PHC) and
- health and wellness centres such that the program can be scaled up till the lowest level of the healthcare facility in a phased manner.
Women in Mohali
- Dharmendra Pradhan lays the Foundation stone for permanent campus for National Skill Training Institute (NSTI) for Women in Mohali.
- Launched India’s first in-phone guide and mobile application “Go whatsThat” in Chandigarh.
- Also launched a unique Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra (PMKK) which would admit differently abled persons as well.
- The institute would not only be imparting training in traditional areas for women like beauty care, cosmetology & fashion design but also in cutting edge technologies of various kinds.
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.
|Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana||Skill Development|