Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare and Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship sign MoU
- The Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare and the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship today signed an MoU to conduct skill development training programmes.
- These programmes aimed at skilling agriculture and allied sector, on a regular basis, at Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVKs).
- Meanwhile, the skill development training programmes currently being run across KVKs will continue.
- Agriculture Ministry is making fast progress in fulfilling Hon’ble Prime Minister’s dream of “Kaushal Bharat-Kushal Bharat”.
- Several new dimensions in agri-warehousing, cold chain, supply chain, dairy, poultry, meat, fishery, horticulture, agricultural mechanization, micro-irrigation, hydroponic greenhouses etc have emerged for skilled and trained youths to gain self-employment.
Government approves Plastic Park
- Government of India has approved the setting up of a Plastic Park in Deoghar District, Jharkhand.
- It will come under Ministry for Chemicals & Fertilizers.
- The project would be set up at a cost of Rs. 120 crores in an area of 150 acres and a range of polymer products including woven sacks, moulded furniture, water tanks, bottles, pipes mosquito nets, etc would be manufactured.
- A Central Institute for Plastic Engineering & Technology (CIPET) will be setup alongside the Plastic Park.
National Cultural Audiovisual Archives (NCAA)
- National Cultural Audiovisual Archives (NCAA) has been certified as the world’s first Trusted Digital Repository as per ISO 16363:2012 standard, granted by Primary Trustworthy Digital Repository Authorisation Body Ltd. (PTAB), United Kingdom.
- NCAA is the project of the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, implemented by Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA).
- The primary objective of the NCAA is to identify and preserve the cultural heritage of India available in audiovisual form through a process of digitization and making it accessible to the people.
- NCAA digital repository is established with and powered by DIGITĀLAYA which is developed by C-DAC Pune in compliance with Open Archival Information System (OAIS).
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.