PM extends his greetings on Navroz
- It is the name of the Iranian New Year, also known as the Persian New Year, which is celebrated worldwide by Iranians, along with some other ethno-linguistic groups, as the beginning of the New Year.
- Jamshed-e-Navroz is the Parsi New Year, named after the Persian ruler Jamshed, symbolising spring and rejuvination of nature.
- Nowruz is the day of the vernal equinox, and marks the beginning of spring in the Northern Hemisphere. It marks the first day of the first month (Farvardin) in the Iranian calendar.
Smart India Hackathon 2018
- It is organised in collaboration with All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), i4c, MyGov, Persistent Systems, and Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini.
- 27 union ministries and departments and 17 state governments having joined this grand initiative.
- It includes 2 sub-editions one is Software edition, which is a 36-hr software product development competition.
- Another one is Hardware edition, involving building of hardware solutions will be held later this year.
- Software edition Grand Finale is scheduled to be held in Panipat.
Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana
- It is a Pan India scholarship program for school children to increase the reach of Philately.
- Under the scheme of SPARSH (Scholarship for Promotion of Aptitude & Research in Stamps as a Hobby), it is proposed to award annual scholarships to children of Standard VI to IX having good academic record and also pursuing Philately as a hobby.
- Every Postal Circle will select a maximum of 40 scholarships representing 10 students each from Standard VI, VII, VIII & IX. The amount of Scholarship will be Rs. 6000/- per annum @ Rs. 500/- per month.
- Philately is the hobby of collection and study of Postage stamps. It also entails the collection, appreciation and research activities on stamps and other related philatelic products.
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.