Pensioner’s Portal at EPFO website
- The pensioner’s portal is recently launched service, available at EPFO website by which all EPFO pensioners may get the details of pension related information like Pension payment order number, Pensioner’s Payment Order details, Pensioner’s passbook information & other related information.
- It is helpful to know the status of their life certificate, in case of non-submission/rejection of life certificate of the pensioners. It also provides the details and the reason of stoppage of pension.
- The enhanced “Track eKYC” facility for the convenience of members have been launched to check the status of Aadhaar seeded against their UAN and to figure out the specific mismatch details.
- Using the facility, EPFO members can online track the status of Aadhaar seeded against his/ her UAN.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban)
- Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs has approved the construction of 3,21,567 more affordable houses for the benefit of urban poor under PMAY(U).
- An investment of Rs.18,203 cr with central assistance of Rs. 4,752 cr has been approved.
- The projects were sanctioned across 523 cities in the states of Haryana, West Bengal, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, Mizoram, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Kerala, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab & Goa.
- Haryana has been sanctioned the highest number of houses.
- With the above proposed houses, cumulative houses under PMAY(U) would become 42,45,792.
Anti-Ragging toll free helpline
- In order to address the issue of increase in ragging cases in campuses, the UGC has brought out the UGC Regulations on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009.
- These regulations are to be followed mandatorily by all Higher Educational Institutions (HEIs).
- An Anti-Ragging toll free “helpline” 1800-180-5522 in 12 languages has been made operational with Call Centre facilities for helping victims of ragging, besides facilitating effective coordinated action by all concerned.
- The UGC has developed an Anti-Ragging Website i.e. antiragging.in.
NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission Signs SOI with SAP
- A Statement of Intent (SOI) has been signed between NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and SAP to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship.
- As part of the SOI, SAP in 2018 will adopt 100 Atal Tinkering Laboratories (ATL) for five years to nurture the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) learning among secondary school children across India.
- The Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) is Government of India’s flagship initiative to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the country.
- AIM is mandated to create an umbrella structure to oversee innovation ecosystem of the country and revolutionizing the innovation eco-system – touching upon the entire innovation life cycle through various programs.
- Atal Tinkering Laboratories (ATLs) create innovators, Atal Incubation Centre and support to Established Incubation Centre will take the innovations to the market and a network of Incubators shall help create enterprises around these innovations.
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.