NABH (NextGen Airports for BHarat) Nirman initiative
- NABH is an initiative for building airport capacity.
- The Airport Authority of India (AAI) has 124 airports and it is proposed to expand by more than five times the airport capacity to handle a billion trips a year under the new initiative.
- Improving passenger amenities, promoting cargo handling facilities and early operationalization of 56 new airports under UDAN scheme will be the focus areas while simultaneously working on improving regional connectivity and improving passenger services in a big way.
The three key aspects of NABH Nirman are:
- Fair and equitable land acquisition.
- Long-term master plan for airport and regional development and
- Balanced economics for all stakeholders.
15th Asia Media Summit
- The 15th Asia Media Summit (AMS) 2018 is being hosted by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India, jointly with the Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC), New Delhi andBroadcast Engineering Consultants India Limited (BECIL) in New Delhi.
- The AMS 2018,an annual summit of the Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development (AIBD) Kuala Lumpur, is a prestigious summit in the Asia Pacific Region and India is hosting the event for the first time.
- The Summit, with the theme `Telling Our Stories – Asia and More’, would be organized in two parts.
- The Summit would encourage regional and bilateral dialogue and cooperation to respond to challengesto the broadcasting sector in the region.
- It would provide a unique opportunity for broadcasters in the Asian region to share their thoughts on software and hardware aspects of Broadcasting.
- There are also opportunities for networking, facilities for business to business meetings and prospective translation of these meetings into trade and economic relations after the summit.
TRIFED goes digital for Inventory Management and Sales
- Tribal Co-operative Marketing Development Federation (TRIFED) of Ministry of Tribal Affairs has operationalised Retail Inventory Software (RIS) in all its Tribes India Outlets, Regional Offices and Head Office for inventory control.
- The electronic mode of system has been made available at all Regional Offices and Outlets, streamlining the entire retail operations from purchases upto sales by automating the transaction process and tracking important purchase, stocks and sales data.
- Implementation of RIS software will bring greater transparency and control over various transactions under Retail sale.
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.