CxO Forum on “Standardizing the Digital Space”
- Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) the National Standards body of India organized a CxO Forum on “Standardizing the Digital Space” in New Delhi.
- The main aim of the forum is to deliberate on the key issues and challenges in the Digital space.
- The one-of-its-kind platform also had presence of dignitaries, luminaries and experts from over 35 different countries to discuss a number of key issues pertaining to the future of the IT sector in India.
- The keynote address was delivered by Union Minister of Law & Justice, Electronics & Information Technology, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad.
- In his address, Shri Prasad highlighted rapid growth in e-Transactions, IT exports and revenue of Indian IT companies; which in turn is strengthening the digital profile of India.
- He stressed upon the importance of standards in the digital space and congratulated BIS for taking up the leadership role of “ISO/IEC JTC1/SC7” which is responsible for developing foundational standards of software and systems engineering.
“Swachh Bharat Summer Internship- 100 Hours of Swachhata”
- The Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, the convening and coordinating Ministry of Swachh Bharat Mission, in association with the Ministry of Human Resource Development, has come up with the innovative ‘Swachh Bharat Summer Internship (SBSI) 2018’aimed at engaging the college youth with Swachhata work in villages in the coming Summer vacation.
- The SBSI aims to engage lakhs of educated youth across the country, develop their skills and orientation for the sanitation sector, amplify mass awareness and cement the people’s movement (Jan andolan) aspect of Swachh Bharat Mission.
- Under the terms of the Internship, candidates would be required to undertake 100 hours of activities including shramdaan, creation of sanitation infrastructure, system building, behaviour change camiagns and other IEC initiatives in and around nearby villages.
- The guidelines for the internship are being formulated in consultation with the Department of Higher Education.
- The best internships will be recognised at college, University, State and National levels. Every intern who completes the SBSI will also be provided a Certificate of Internship by the Swachh Bharat Mission.
- The University Grants Commission has agreed to provide 2 credit points as an ‘elective’ under the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) to students in Higher Educational Institutions who would be undertaking and completing the SBSI.
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.