Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam
Election Visitors’ Programme
- An international delegation of 11 members from Australia, South Korea, Bosnia, Bhutan and Bangladesh visited India to analyse the nitty-gritty of the election management system.
- It received a demonstration and first-hand experience of the working of the Electronic Voting Machine and the Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT)
- ECI’s quarterly magazine “My Vote Matters” was also released on this occasion by the Commission.
- The Magazine presents a comprehensive glimpse of preparatory initiatives in different States for the ongoing elections.
India International Institute of Democracy and Election Management (IIIDEM)
- IIDEM is envisaged as an advanced resource centre of learning, research, training and extension for participatory democracy and election management.
- The Institute has been developed in collaboration with the Government of India, United Nations, the Commonwealth and inter-governmental organisations like Sweden based International Institute of Democracy and Electoral Assistance (IDEA).
- The Institute will be a national and international hub for exchange of good practices in election management.
- The Institute will direct its efforts to enhance the potential and capacity of the Election Commission and its officials in carrying out their mandate and functions in a more effective and professional manner.
- IIDEM will work for promoting democratic values and practices, enhancing voter education and awareness and developing human resource and capacities for efficient conduct of free and fair elections in India and for developing mutually beneficial partnership as well as collaborations with other countries.
- To train the electoral machinery in the delivery of free, fair and flawless elections.To orient stakeholders of the democratic and electoral systems toward possibilities of better and more productive delivery therein.To explore and expand the horizons of intellectual know-how in these fields.