‘Samarth’- Scheme for Capacity Building in Textile Sector
- The scheme, approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs on 20thof December last year, is intended to provide demand driven, placement oriented National Skills Qualifications Framework (NSQF) compliant skilling programmes to incentivize and supplement the efforts of the industry in creating jobs in the textiles sectors.
- The scheme targets to train 10 lakh persons (9 lakh in organised and 1 lakh in traditional sector) over a period of 3 years (2017-20), with an outlay of Rs. 1300 crore.
- The Samarth scheme aims at skilling nearly 10 lakh young Indians in organized plus traditional textile sectors over a period of three years from 2017 to 2020.”
E-Pension Payment Order
- Furthering the Digital India-initiatives of Govt. of India, Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Pensions), Allahabad has startedissuance of electronic-Pension Payment Orders (e-PPOs) to the pensioners along with their Pension Disbursement Agencies viz., Banks, Defence Pension Disbursement Offices, Post Offices, etc.
- What began in the first phase, for all Commissioned Officers and JCOs/ORs of Armed Forces from the month of October 2017, has now been extended to all defence pensioners including defence civilians.
- Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Pensions), Allahabad is the sole agency under Ministry of Defence which sanctions Pensions for the Defence Services viz., Army, Coast Guard, Defence Research and Development Organization,General Reserve Engineer Force, Border Roads Organization, Military Engineering Services and other Defence organisations including Defence Account Department and Defence Civilians.
- The shift from manual system to e-PPO system is expected to minimize delays in pension disbursement and further revision as and when needed.
- This initiative also eliminates the occurrence of human errors in data entry at multiple levels.
- The next big step in this direction would be digitizing pension documents received from 46 record offices and more than 2900 Heads of Offices. This initiative by PCDA (P) will facilitate better implementation of OROP.
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.