Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam
IAF’s AN-32 Aircraft to Operate on Indigenous Bio-Jet Fuel
- IAF’s formidable workhorse, the Russian made AN-32 aircraft was formally fleet certified to fly on blended aviation fuel containing up to 10% of indigenous bio-jet fuel.
- The IAF has undertaken a series of evaluation tests and trials with this green aviation fuel.
- The indigenous bio-jet fuel was first produced by the CSIR-IIP lab at Dehradun in 2013, but could not be tested or certified for commercial use on aircraft due to lack of test facilities in the civil aviation sector.
- This is a huge step in promoting the ‘Make in India’ mission as this bio-fuel would be produced from Tree Borne Oils (TBOs) sourced from tribal areas and farmers, augmenting their income substantially.
Second SCO Mass Media Forum at Bishkek
- Indian Delegation participated in the Second Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Mass Media Forum held at Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Mass Media Forum
- The Forum aims to strengthen the exchange and cooperation in the field of mass media amongst SCO countries.
- It offers a unique platform for active work through mass media to create an objective vision of the organization and strengthen its positive image in the global information space.
- The first SCO Media Summit was held in Beijing in 2018.
This event was held under the motto “Development of the “Shanghai Spirit” and opening of a new era in the mass media cooperation”
- The Delegation emphasized the need for media collaborations and exchange of best practices amongst the various mass media agencies, organizations and associations across the SCO partner states.
The idea of working together can also help to counter the problem of fake news