Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav
- Ministry of Culture is organising the 9thedition of the Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav under the Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat, in Tehri, Uttarakhand.
- Tehri Lake Festival where one can explore the water sports, organized by the Uttarakhand Tourism every year, will be subsumed within the Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav.
- Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav was conceived by the Ministry of Culture in the year 2015, when the Ministry decided to organize it with an intent to showcase the rich cultural heritage of the Country in all its rich and varied dimensions.
- So far, the Ministry of Culture has organized 8 RSM’s i.e. 2 in Delhi, 2 in Karnataka, 1 each in Varanasi, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and RSM North East in all NE State capitals.
- The essential thrust of Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav (RSM) is to present rich diversity and uniqueness of Indian culture and to promote the cultural inter-linkages amongst the states to strengthen National integration and also to bid the artists of other parts of the country with the people of Uttarakhand in a single thread of culture.
- The paired state for Uttarakhand under the Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat matrix is Karnataka, and while troupes from all over the country will be performing, special emphasis is being given to Karnataka.
- The North Zone Cultural Centre (NZCC), Patiala has been entrusted with the responsibility as the nodal agency to carry forward the execution of the National Cultural Festivalunder the banner of the slogan “EK BHARAT SHRESHTHA BHARAT”.
- Union Ministry of Food Processing Industries is collaborating with multiple international laboratories testing various food products so that the food products approved by laboratories at National Institute of Food Entrepreneurship and Management (NIFTEM) get worldwide acceptability.
- The Union Minister of Food Processing Industries Smt Harsimrat Kaur Badal was speaking to the media at the inauguration ceremony of an Incubation centre and Food Testing Laboratory at NIFTEM in Sonipat, Haryana.
- NIFTEM is a national institute focusing on an integrated program on food technology and management education for developing a pool of professional managers with deeper understanding of the food and business to serve the processed food industry.
- NIFTEM also is spearheading the task of creating new entrepreneurs who are expected to venture into the processed food industry after identifying the opportunity areas.
- NIFTEM is attempting to create best facilities and provide innovative learning environment to provide one stop solution to all problems of the industry.
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.