Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam
- Ministry of AYUSH observes Ayurveda Day every year on Dhanawantari Jayanti (Dhanteras).
- This year Ayurveda Day is being observed on 5thNovember 2018.
- “National Dhanwantari Ayurveda Award” comprising of Citation, Trophy (Dhanwantari Statue) and Cash reward of Rupees five lakh shall be conferred on this day to eminent Vaidyas.
- The Ministry of AYUSH has selected three renowned Ayurveda experts namely Vaidya Shiv Kumar Mishra, Vaidya Madhav Singh Bhagel and Vaidya Itoozhi Bhavadasan Namboothiri for the prestigious National Dhanwantari Ayurveda Award for the year 2018.
Highlight of the 3rd Ayurveda Day:
- The launch of the AYUSH-Health Management Information System (A-HMIS), a dedicated software application for Electronic Health Record (EHR) for the AYUSH systems of Healthcare.
- A-HIMS which is being launched across 15 AYUSH units in different parts of the country in the first phase on 5thNovember 2018 is expected to revolutionise the way Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy are practised in the country, by inducting modern IT-solutions into these systems.
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) under Department of Health Research is in the forefront of advanced research in virology and the ICMR-National Institute of Virology (NIV) is at par with leading scientific establishments across the world.
- ICMR-NIV, Pune has sequenced 5 Zika virus strains collected at different time points of the Jaipur outbreak.
- The Health Ministry is reviewing the situation on a daily basis.
- Around 2000 samples were tested for Zika virus positivity, of which 159 positive cases have been confirmed. Adequate numbers of testing kits have been provided to the Viral Research and Diagnostic Laboratories.
- Zika virus disease is an emerging disease currently being reported by 86 countries worldwide. Symptoms of Zika virus disease are similar to other viral infections such as dengue, and include fever, skin rashes, conjunctivitis, muscle and joint pain, malaise, and headache.
- In India, the first outbreak was reported in Ahmedabad in January/February 2017 and second outbreak in July,2017 from Krishnagiri District in Tamilnadu.
MoU signed between OMCs and CSC SPV for collaboration in LPG Services
- An MoU for collaboration in LPG services was signed between Oil Marketing Companies (IOCL, HPCL & BPCL) and CSC e-Governance Services India Limited.
The following services to be availed through Common Services Centers:
- Booking new LPG connection (Ujjwala & General category)
- Booking of LPG refills (14.2 Kg cylinders)
- Supply & distribution of LPG cylinders (storage up to 100 Kgs,) through CSCs.
- Common Services Centre will help beneficiaries to provide the above OMCs service near to their home, accessing through Digital Seva Portal.
Benefits to Citizens:
- Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) and CSC SPV agreed to provide the benefits of Ujjawla connection, refilling of new connection and other services through CSCs for last mile access at their doorstep.
- Beneficiary can visit the nearby CSCs across India to get the services of OMCs.
- CSCs will help a beneficiary in booking a new gas connection request, refilling request and delivery of Gas Cylinder.
- CSCs will help beneficiary to scan/upload her KYC documents for verification of his/her identity for new booking connection.
- Beneficiaries can collect the Gas Cylinder from their nearby Common Services Centres.
- CSCs will also provide requisite information about the scheme and promote it among citizens so that maximum number of beneficiaries can avail the benefit.
- Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas is appointing 1 Ujjawala Didi for every 5 villages whose prime responsibility is to support and give service to Ujjawala Beneficiaries.
- CSCs has supported in conducting session in 100 LPG Panchayats where one hour training and demo given to Ujjawala beneficiaries on safety mode of using gas cylinders and on Refill option.
About Common Service Centre:
- Common Services Centers (CSCs) are a strategic corner stone of the Digital India programme.
- CSCs are envisaged as assisted front end ICT (Information and Communication Technology) enabled centres for delivery of various G2C (Government to Citizen) and other B2C (Business to Citizen) services to the citizens.
- CSC Centre is operated by an operator named as Village Level Entrepreneur (VLE).
- VLE has basic level of computing infrastructure at his/her CSC centre and is capable of delivering various services to citizens.
- CSCs today are prescribed as one of the service delivery points in rural India.
- They are positioned as change agents, promoting rural entrepreneurship and building rural capacities and livelihoods. They focus towards the digital development, catalyzing rural entrepreneurs & social inclusion.
- CSC Centres are present across India and equitably spread geographically.
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.
|Zika Virus||Pradhan Mantri LPG Panchayat|