November 22nd, 2020 PIB:- Download PDF Here
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. National Pharmacy Week 2. SIMBEX-20 3. SITMEX-20
The 59th National Pharmacy Week (NPW) observed.
About National Pharmacy Week:
- The Indian Pharmaceutical Association (IPA) organises NPW during the third week of November every year to make all stakeholders aware of the presence of pharmacists in society and to know the role played by registered pharmacists with respect to medicines, their usage, handling and dispensing.
- The theme of the 2020 celebration is “Pharmacists: Frontline Health Professionals”.
Indian Navy to host Exercise SIMBEX-20 in the Andaman Sea.
- The 27th edition of SIMBEX, India – Singapore Bilateral Maritime Exercise is scheduled to be held in November 2020 (23rd – 25th) in the Andaman Sea.
- The annual bilateral exercise, started in 1994, is aimed at enhancing mutual inter-operability and imbibing best practices from each other.
- The 2020 edition of SIMBEX will witness participation by Indian Navy ships including destroyer Rana with integral Chetak helicopter and indigenously built corvettes Kamorta and Karmuk.
- In addition, IN submarine Sindhuraj and P8I maritime reconnaissance aircraft will also participate in the exercise.
Know more about SIMBEX in the linked article.
Trilateral maritime exercise SITMEX being conducted in the Andaman Sea.
- SITMEX is a trilateral maritime exercise between the navies of India, Singapore and Thailand.
- Commenced in 2019, the first exercise was hosted by India.
- The 2020 exercise is being hosted by the Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN).
- Besides improving inter-operability between the friendly navies, SITMEX series of exercise also aims to strengthen mutual confidence and develop common understanding and procedures towards enhancing the overall maritime security in the region.
Read previous PIB here.
November 22nd, 2020, PIB:- Download PDF Here