Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam
Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP)
- The Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP) is a Silent revolution, Union Minister of State for Road Transport & Highways, Shipping and Chemicals & Fertilizers.
- Government of India’s endeavour to provide quality medicines at an affordable price is now making an impact on the lives of common masses. It is a revolution that is shaping the health of health care in India for common citizens.
- He also stressed on the excellent quality of PMBJP medicines as these are procured from only WHO-GMP certified manufacturers and each batch is tested at NABL accredited independent labs.
- The number of Janaushadhi stores in the country has grown to more than 4300 in 640 districts, Shri Mandaviya noted that this scheme is providing a valuable source of self-employment with sustainable and regular earnings.
- Laying down the future roadmap for the scheme, Shri Mandaviya said that by the end of 2018-19, the total number of Janaushadhi stores in the country would reach more than 5000 stores, with annual sales crossing Rs. 300 crores.
Invest India – WhatsApp partner
- In an effort to fuel the growth of India’s entrepreneurial and small business community, Invest India through its flagship initiative Startup India Hub has partnered with WhatsApp on a program that focuses on the proliferation of startups, promoting economic growth and generating employment opportunities in India.
- WhatsApp will invest quarter of a million dollars as seed funding to the top 5 winners of the ‘WhatsApp Startup Challenge’ and an additional $ 250,000 will be directed to a select few from the entrepreneurial community to promote their WhatsApp business number on Facebook and drive discovery of their businesses.
- This way customers will be able to find the business and start talking to them on that WhatsApp number.
- Invest India is also working with WhatsApp to drive awareness about its business tools in around 15 states impacting over 60,000 businesses in the coming months through tools such as Startup India ‘Yatra’ program and other in-person training events.
- The Startup community is the future of India and will be the platform through which the millions of youth of this country will be gainfully employed.
- WhatsApp cares deeply about helping businesses connect with customers and grow.
- The more opportunities that are given the more startups will become engines of India’s economic growth.
- Launched on 16th January 2016 by the Prime Minister of India, Startup India, set-up under Invest India, is a flagship initiative of the Government of India and is intended to build a strong eco-system for nurturing innovation & Startups in the country that will drive sustainable economic growth and generate large scale employment opportunities.
- In the last 2 years at the Startup India programme, there are over 13,000 startups registered with Startup India program that spread across 448 districts covering all 29 States and 6 Union Territories.
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.
|Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana||Start Up India|