Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam
PM launches “Swachhata Hi Seva”
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, today launched the ‘Swachhata Hi Seva’ Movement.
- It aims at generating greater public participation towards Swachhta.
- It is being organized in the run up to the fourth anniversary of the Swachh Bharat Mission, on October 2nd, 2018, which will also mark the commencement of the 150thyear celebrations of Mahatma Gandhi.
- He interacted with a cross-section of people from 17 locations across the country, via video conferencing.
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan has led to a decrease in cases of diseases such as diarrhoea.
- From the Gateway of India in Mumbai, actor Amitabh Bachchan explained the various cleanliness activities he has been involved in, including cleaning of a beach in Mumbai.
- The Prime Minister appreciated the role of the Swachhagrahis, and said their role would always be remembered in history. He said that our confidence and resolve towards cleanliness is sky-high.
India and Serbia: Celebrates 70 years of diplomatic relations
- The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has said that India and Serbia have historic and special relations as co-founders of the Non-Aligned Movement and our relationship is based on mutual trust, mutual understanding and support to each other on issues of core interest.
- India and Serbia have historic and special relations as co-founders of the Non-Aligned Movement.
- India and Serbia celebrate 70 years of establishment of diplomatic relations.
- Releases commemorative stamp on Swami Vivekananda and Nikola Tesla.
- Witnesses signing of MoUs on cooperation in the fields of Plant Health and Plant Quarantine and a revised Air Services.
- Makes joint Press Statement.
- Witnesses Exhibition on Belgrade/New Delhi – 70 years of Diplomatic Relations.
- Terrorism is the most serious global threat in today’s world;
- Holds bilateral discussions with the President of Serbia
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.