HPPSC stands for Himachal Pradesh Public Services Commission (HPPSC). HPPSC conducts various state-level examinations to recruit candidates for various departmental posts, in accordance with Article 320 of the Constitution. The purpose of the HPPSC exam is to shortlist and select candidates for various posts of Himachal Pradesh Administrative Services.
Since the HPAS Exam is an annually conducted recruitment exam, HPPSC releases an official notification, wherein it mentions all the details related to the enrolment, examination and final selection. Every candidate is expected to go through these details carefully before they apply for the examination.
HPAS Eligibility Criteria 2023
The HPPSC HPAS Eligibility Criteria consists of the following
- Candidate’s Educational Qualifications
- Age Limit
- Age Relaxations for Reserved Category Candidates
HPAS Exam Age Limit
HPPSC Age Limit is an essential factor in the eligibility criteria. Therefore, candidates applying for HPPSC HPAS Exam should check the age limit for the HPAS exam before filling out the online application form. According to the HPPSC HPAS Eligibility Criteria laid down by the HPPSC in its notification dated 19 May 2021,
- Candidates applying for the Himachal Pradesh Administrative Services (HPAS) must be between 21 and 35 years of age. HPPSC counts the age of the appearing candidates from January 1 of the examination year.
|Preparing for the upcoming Government Exam?? Kickstart your preparation now with the links given below:|
Age Relaxations for Reserved Category Candidates
Upper Age Relaxation of 5 years has been offered to candidates belonging to
- Scheduled Castes
- Scheduled Tribes
- Other Backward Castes
- Persons with Disabilities
- Children/Grand Children of Freedom Fighters of Himachal Pradesh
- Ex-servicemen, candidates of H.P. for the post of Himachal Pradesh Administrative Service (HPAS) and Himachal Pradesh Police Service
Other Exceptional Cases of Government Servants with Special Age Relaxations
- Apart from these, a government servant appointed to a post in
- the state government or in the High Court of Himachal Pradesh or any Subordinate Court
- Employees of the Public Sector Undertakings /Corporations /Banks substantially owned or controlled by the H.P. Government
shall be eligible to appear in the examination if he/she possesses a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised University and is under the age of 45 years on the first day of January of the examination year.
- In the case of
- H.P. Police Service, Class-I (Gazetted) in the Department of Home and District Controller
- Class- I (Gazetted) in the Department of Food Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs
- Government servants appointed to a post in H.P. Govt. or in High Court of Himachal Pradesh or any Subordinate Court
- Employees of the Public Sector Undertakings / Corporations substantially owned or controlled by the H.P. Government
shall be eligible to appear in the examination if he/she possesses a Bachelor’s degree of a recognised University and is under the age of 42 years on the first day of January of the examination year.
- For proof of the date of birth, the candidate’s Matriculation/Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate will be accepted by the Commission, and no further request for any change in the candidate’s date of birth will be entertained.
- Applicants applying under the reserved categories must submit the appropriate and valid reserved category certificates or proof of reservation to avail of the age relaxation for their respective reserved categories.
Aspirants can visit the linked article and get details about the upcoming government exams that comprise current affairs and general awareness as an important topic in the syllabus.
Frequently Asked Questions about HPPSC Age Limit
Is there a minimum and maximum age limit for candidates laid down by the HPPSC to give the HPAS exam?
Yes, the HPPSC has laid down the age limit as an important part of the overall eligibility criteria for the HPAS exams. The minimum age to apply is 21 years, while the maximum age limit is 35 years, as calculated from January 1 of the examination year. Certain age relaxations are given to various reserved categories of candidates appearing for the exam.
Is it possible to change the date of birth entered in the application form for the HPAS exam?
Once a candidate’s date of birth has been entered in the records of the HPPSC for admission to the examination, no change will be allowed later on any grounds whatsoever. If any discrepancy is found between the date of birth given for the examination and the one on the candidate’s Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate, strict disciplinary action will be taken against the candidate by the HPPSC as per its Rules.
Apart from this, to get the latest exam updates, study material, notes, and other relevant information, candidates can turn to BYJU’S for help and get expert assistance.
Other related links:
|Current Affairs||Public Service Commission|
|Economy This Week||Static GK|
|100 Difference Between Articles||Gist of Kurukshetra magazine|
|All India Radio Spotlight for UPSC||Gist of Yojana magazine|
|List of Government Schemes||GK and Current Affairs Quiz|