The Indian Navy Senior Secondary Recruit (SSR), consists of three parts: written tests, physical fitness tests (PFT), and medical examinations. The Indian Navy conducts exams to recruit Senior Secondary Recruit (SSR), Matric Recruit (MR), Musician (MUS), Sports Entry and Artificer Apprentices (AA). This is a fantastic opportunity for applicants who want to serve their country.
This article will discuss the exam pattern of the Indian Navy SSR Exam in detail.
Preparing for Government Exam? Want to ace the exam in the first attempt! Then complement your preparation with –
Indian Navy SSR Exam Details
Candidates will be shortlisted for the written test and PFT based on their percentage in the board examinations (10+2 examination). Because vacancies are distributed on a state-by-state basis, the cut-off marks may differ from one state to the next.
SSR merit lists will be generated based on written exam performance and a passing Physical Fitness Test (PFT), on the basis of state-wise merit, about 2500 applicants will be issued call-up letters for the final enlistment medical exam at INS Chilka.
The Indian Navy’s recruitment procedure is divided into the following stages:
- Merit Written Exam
- Physical Fitness Test
- Medical Examination
- Final Selection
The written exam would be delivered via the internet. For SSR recruitment, there would be only one paper.
Indian Navy SSR Exam Pattern
The question paper would be objective and bilingual (Hindi and English). There will be four components to the question paper: English, Science, Mathematics, and General Knowledge. The question paper will be of 10+2 level, and the syllabus for the test may be found on the website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. The examination will last one hour. The same day as the written exam, all applicants will have a physical examination.
There will be 100 questions on the paper (SSR). Each question is worth one point if the answer is accurate, and 0.25 points if the answer is incorrect. Unattempted responses will not be deducted from your grade. After passing the written exam, candidates are selected for a Physical Fitness Test (PFT).
Physical Fitness Test and Medical Examination
1.6 Km In 7 Min
Squat Ups (Uthak Baithak)
Minimum 5 cms Expansion
All of the measures listed above were necessary and valid. Following the acceptance of the physical tests, the selected applicants are shortlisted for medical assessment.
At the entry-level, medical norms for diverse applications are distinct. Licensed military doctors will conduct the medical examination in accordance with the medical requirements outlined in the existing regulations governing sailor entry. Candidates who are considered momentarily unfit during initiation can request a specialized assessment from an approved military hospital within 21 days after their induction.
Syllabus for Indian Navy SSR Exam
- Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body/ Gravitation
- Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Heat Thermodynamics, Oscillations, Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Current and magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current, Electromagnetic Waves
- Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiations, Atomic Nucleus/ Solid and Semi-Conductor Devices, Principles of Communication
- Metals and Non-Metals, Organic Chemistry, Food, Nutrition and Health, Physiology and Human Diseases, Computer Science.
- Relations and Functions, Logarithms, Complex Numbers, Quadratics Equations, Sequences and Series, Trigonometry
- Cartesian System of Rectangular Coordinates, Straight Lines Family of Straight Lines, Circles
- Conic Section, Permutations and Combinations, Vectors, Exponential and Logarithmic Series, Sets and Set Theory, Statistics
- Introduction to Three-dimensional Geometry, Probability Function, Limits and Continuity, Differentiation, Applications of Derivatives
- Indefinite Integrals, Binomial Theorem, Matrices, Determinants, Definite Integrals
Given in the link are Important Maths Tricks and shortcuts, check for assistance.
- Passage, Preposition, Correction of sentences, Change active to passive/passive to active voice
- Change direct to indirect/indirect to direct, Verbs/Tense/Non Finites, Punctuation
- Substituting phrasal verbs for expression, Synonyms and Antonyms, Meanings of difficult words
- Use of adjective, Compound preposition, Determiners (use of a, the, any etc), Use of pronouns
Candidates can check important tips to master error spotting to attempt the question in exams with relative ease.
Aspirants can go through a variety of Sentence Correction Questions to understand how questions on sentence corrections are framed in the exam.
- Culture and Religion, Geography: Soil, Rivers, Mountains, Ports, Inland Harbours, Freedom Movement
- Sports: Championships/Winners/ Terms/ No of Players, Defence, Wars and Neighbours, Current Affairs
- Important National Facts about India Heritage, Arts, Dance, History, National-Languages, Bird, Animal, Song, Flag, Monuments, Capitals & Currencies
- Common Names, Full forms and Abbreviations, Discoveries, Diseases and Nutrition, Award and Authors, Eminent Personalities
- Spatial, Numerical, Reasoning & Associative Ability, Sequences, Spellings Unscrambling, Coding and Decoding.
Also, get the list of important Logical reasoning topics and important study material on the given page that explains the concepts and tricks to solve the questions in the exam.
For the Best preparation strategy for competitive exams candidates can visit the linked article and get detailed study material and preparation tips to excel in the examination.