Seating Arrangement questions are one of the most frequently asked questions in the reasoning ability section for almost all Government exams.
In this article, we have given solved examples based on seating arrangement and the different types of questions which may be framed based on this topic.
For candidates who are new to this topic, they must first understand the concept and then start solving the sample questions given below. To learn more about the Seating Arrangement concept, tips and tricks, visit the linked article.
|Strengthen your preparation for the upcoming Government exams with the links given below:|
Download the PDF given below to get 30+ Seating Arrangement Questions along with Solutions and ace the reasoning section for the upcoming exams:
What are the seating arrangement questions?
Before we move on to solving questions based on the seating arrangement, candidates must go through the brief introduction regarding the concept of seating arrangement.
In reasoning ability, when a piece of information is given about a group of people and the manner in which they are seated, such an arrangement is called a seating arrangement. This may be a straight line, circular, rectangle, or any other arrangement in which people or things are placed.
A major part of the questions in the reasoning section is picked from this concept. Thus, candidates must emphasize on its preparation and solve more and more questions based on the same.
To get topic-wise logical reasoning questions, and excel in the upcoming Government exams, candidates can visit the linked article.
Seating Arrangement Questions
The weightage of questions asked from this topic mostly varies between 8-10 marks and is easily the most scoring part if a candidate solves arrangement quickly and efficiently.
Mostly this type of questions have subparts and if the candidate manages to solve the arrangement, he/she can easily secure 4-5 marks per seating arrangement.
Aspirants willing to know the detailed syllabus and the topic included in the logical reasoning part can visit the linked article.
Further below, the sample seating arrangement questions have been given along with their solutions. Candidates must solve these problems and practice them regularly to increase their accuracy and speed to answer the questions.
Directions (Q1 – Q5): Read the information given below and answer the following questions:
A total of 10 people, 5 men and 5 women are sitting in two parallel lines, facing each other. Five men, namely, Ajit, Bharat, Chirag, Dharam and Ejaz are facing to the south and the five women, Meenal, Neelu, Octavia, Preeti and Arpita are facing towards the north.
- Bharat, who is just next to the left of Dharam, is opposite to Arpita.
- Chirag and Neelu are diagonally opposite to each other.
- Ejaz is opposite Octavia who is just next to Meenal.
- Preeti, who is just to the left of Arpita, is opposite to Dharam.
- Meenal is at one end of the line
Q 1. Which two people are sitting at the two extreme ends of the line?
- Ejaz, Bharat
- Ajit, Chirag
- Chirag, Dharam
- Dharam, Bharat
- None of the Above
Q 2. Who is sitting right in front of Dharam?
Q 3. Who sits exactly in between Meenal and Neelu?
- Cannot Be Determined
Q 4. Who sits opposite to Octavia?
Q 5. Who is sitting at the right corner of the women’s line?
Directions (Q6 – Q10): Read the information given below and answer the questions following it:
In a Coaching Institute, seven students (both girls and boys) sit on three different benches, Bench@, Bench * and Bench #
- Each bench must have atleast two students sitting on it
- Atleast one girl must be sitting on each bench
- X, who is a girl, does not sit with Y, Z and T.
- S is a boy student and sits only with M.
- Y sits on the Bench @ with his best friends.
- H sits on Bench #. Z is the brother of X.
Q 6. Which of the following pair of students form the correct set of students sitting on the bench *
- Y, Z
- T, X
- M, X
- M, S
- T, S
Q 7. H sits on Bench # along with _______
Q 8. Which of the given sets represents the students sitting on Bench @?
- H, X
- M, S
- Y, X
- Z, T
- S, T
Q 9. Of the three benched @, * and #, which bench has 3 students sitting on it?
- None of the Above
- Cannot be Determined
Q 10. M sits along with S on which bench?
- None of the above
- Cannot be determined
Directions (Q11 – Q15): Read the data given below and based on it answer the following questions:
Six girls, Pooja, Qimat, Reeti, Shweta, Tejaswini and Vineeta are sitting around a circular table.
- All of them are facing towards the centre of the circle.
- Tejaswini is not sitting between Qimat and Shweta but someone else from the group
- Pooja sits to the left of Vineeta
- Reeti is fourth to the right of Pooja.
Q 11. Who sits second to right on Vineeta?
- Either option ‘3’ or ‘4’
Q 12. Who is sitting opposite Reeti?
Q 13. Who sits second to the right of Pooja?
Q 14. Who sits exactly between Shweta and Qimat?
- None of the Above
Q 15. Who sits second to the left of Pooja?
Directions (Q16 – Q21): Study the data given below and answer the questions following it:
In an exhibition seven brands have put up their stalls
- Each of these stalls are facing east
- The seven brands which have put up a stall include: Titan, Biba, Landmark, Adidas, Puma, Zara and Reebok
- Titan is next to the right of Reebok
- Reebok is fourth to the right of Landmark
- Adidas is between Biba and Zara
- Landmark which is third to the left of Biba, is at one end.
Q 16. Which of the given pairs is correct for the brands displayed at the two ends of the line?
- Landmark, Zara
- Titan, Zara
- Landmark, Puma
- Puma, Reebok
- Reebok, Landmark
Q 17. Which brand is displayed on the immediate right of Titan?
Q 18. Zara is to the immediate left of _______
Q 19. Which brand is being displayed exactly in between Biba and Titan?
Q 20. Which brand is being displayed towards the immediate right of Titan?
- Cannot be Determined
Q 21. Puma has put up a stall to the immediate right of which brand?
Directions (Q22 – Q27): Read the information given below carefully and answer the following questions:
Eleven friends Manish, Nitin, Om, Piyush, Qureshi, Ritesh, Satish, Tarun, Utkarsh, Varun and Wasim are sitting in the first row of the stadium watching a football match.
- To the immediate left of Piyush is Tarun and Tarun is third to the right of Utkarsh
- Varun is the immediate neighbour of Manish and Nitin and third to the left of Satish
- Manish is the second to the right of Qureshi, who is at one of the ends
- Ritesh is sitting to the immediate right of Piyush
- Om is second to left of Piyush.
Q 22. Who sits third to the right of Satish?
Q 23. What is the position of Nitin with respect to Utkarsh?
- Immediate Right
- Immediate Left
- Second to Right
- Third to Left
- Second to Left
Q 24. Who among the 11 friends is sitting on the extreme right?
Q 25. Who sits exactly in between Piyush and Om?
Q 26. Who is third from the left end of the line?
Q 27. Who is sitting fifth from the right end of the line?
Directions (Q28 – Q32): Study the information given below carefully and then answer the following questions:
Eight friends, namely, Kashish, Anamika, Amrita, Akansha, Trina, Yuvika, Vanshika and Disha are sitting around a circular table and each of them is facing the centre.
- Kashish is second to the right of Trina who is the neighbour of Amrita and Vanshika
- Akansha is not the neighbour of Kashish
- Vanshika is the neighbour of Yuvika
- Anamika is not between Akansha and Disha
- Disha is not between Yuvika and Akansha
- Disha is not an immediate neighbour of Kashish
Q 28. Who is sitting exactly opposite to Anamika?
Q 29. How many people sit between Disha and Vanshika?
Q 30. Who sits third to the right of Yuvika?
Q 31. Who sits exactly in between Akansha and Yuvika?
Q 32. Who sits on the immediate right of Amrita?
Candidates can check the solutions to all the questions given above in the PDF given below:
It is important for candidates to solve more and more questions to strengthen their preparation and to be able to answer the questions more efficiently.
Other related reasoning ability links are given below:
|Reasoning Puzzles||Reasoning Analogy|
|Data Sufficiency||Alphanumeric Series|
|Blood Relations||Coding Decoding|
For any further assistance related to the various Government exams, their syllabus, study material and other preparation tips, candidates can refer to BYJU’S for assistance.