The Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission or the UPSSSC is responsible for conducting the UPSSSC Lekhpal examination every year. The primary aim of this examination process is to recruit candidates for the Rajasva Lekhpal post. The post for a Lekhpal is very similar to that of a clerk in a government-operated organization.
The selection procedure for this post is very similar to those of other posts under the Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission. The Lekhpal post, however, is almost exclusive to dealing with village revenue accounts, village land records, mutation revision and so on. So, it is crucial for candidates to know more about the selection process for this.
Candidates can also learn more about the other major government exams conducted in the country, the related exam dates and recruitment information at the linked article.
Kickstart your preparation for upcoming competitive exams now and complement it with the links given below:
UPSSSC Lekhpal Notification for the 2022 Examination
The selection procedure for the recruitment of candidates for the Lekhpal post in Uttar Pradesh consists of various stages. The notification that has been released by the UPSSSC regarding the application process states that there are a total of 8.085 vacancies for this post. So, before delving into the discussion about the post itself, the examination procedure should be discussed.
The examination process for the 2022 UPSSSC examination has not been explicitly divulged by the commission, but applicants can refer to the UPSSSC Lekhpal 2020 and 2021 examination procedures to get a somewhat good understanding of the upcoming one.
For information about the upcoming Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission exams, candidates can visit the UPSSSC Calendar page.
Lekhpal UPSSSC Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are looking forward to applying for the upcoming UPSSSC examination for the Lekhpal post should keep in mind that prior to filling out the UPSSSC Lekhpal online form, they must fulfil the eligibility criteria. The UPSSSC website stated the following eligibility criteria for the 2021 applicants:
- The applicants should have passed 12th grade or any equivalent exam from a registered education board in India in any discipline.
- The candidate’s age should be between 18 years and 40 years for the general category candidates. There will be 5-year upper age relaxation for SC/ST candidates and for physically handicapped candidates. Whereas, for OBC candidates, the relaxation is up to 3 years.
So, while the eligibility criteria for applicants applying in 2022 have not been officially released, this piece of information from last year can potentially be valuable information instead.
UPSSSC Lekhpal Exam Pattern
The selection process for the UPSSSC posts for Lekhpal includes the Mains examination, in which candidates are required to answer questions from four different subjects. These are:
- Hindi Language
- General Knowledge and Awareness
- Rural Development and Rural Society
Candidates are, therefore, required to prepare for these specific subjects in order to get selected by the UPSSSC. The division of questions and marks on each of these papers is-
- Each subject consists of 25 questions, and each question carries 1 mark, totalling 100 questions and 100 total marks.
- For each correct answer, candidates obtain one mark; however, for every incorrect answer, they lose 0.25 marks (negative marking).
UPSSSC Lekhpal Syllabus- An Overview
Candidates who are appearing for the upcoming UPSSSC examination for the Lekhpal post should be aware of the syllabus in order to perform well. The UPSSSC has released the official syllabus for the upcoming 2022 examination, and it includes:
- For Hindi Language, chapters pertaining to Alankaar, Vilom, Ras and so on are important.
- For the Mathematics section, geometry, algebra, statistics and arithmetic knowledge is important.
- For the General Knowledge section, the chapters of general science, current affairs, Indian politics, world geography, economics and so on are very important.
- Finally, for the section pertaining to Rural Development and Rural Society, the topics of rural administration, revenue administration, Indian rural society, rural social change, and such are important.
The candidates who are appearing for the 2022 UPSSSC Mains examination should, therefore, keep these topics and chapters in mind while preparing in order to perform well.
Considering the tough competition in the UPSSSC Lekhpal examination, and other government exams, candidates must refer to an exceptional strategy for competitive exam preparation for the best results.
Other Related Links
Frequently Asked Questions on UPSSSC Lekhpal
What is the salary of a UPSSSC Lekhpal?
The monthly salary of a candidate in the Lekhpal post ranges from 5,200 INR to 20,200 INR. The salary is based on the pay level of clerks in Uttar Pradesh.
When is the last date of application for the UPSSSC Lekhpal post?
The application process will end on the 28th of January in 2022. The application for the examination began on the 7th of January.
What is the application fee for UPSSSC Lekhpal?
For general candidates, the application fee is 25 INR. For SC/ ST applicants and PH candidates, the same fee is applicable. The fee is to be paid online by applicants.