The following are the main features of the electoral system in India:
- Describes the composition of the Election Commission of India.
- Enumerates the functions of the Election Commission and explain its role.
- Recalls the procedure of election from the announcement of schedule to the declaration of the result.
- Mentions various stages in the electoral process.
- Recognises the poll-related officers and describe their functions.
- Identifies the drawbacks and need for electoral reforms.
- Suggests the electoral reforms and those already carried on.