Article 371 C of the Indian Constitution deals with the Special provision with respect to the State of Manipur. They are as follows:
- This article was added by the 27th Amendment Act of 1971.
- The President is authorised to provide for the creation of a committee of the Manipur Legislative Assembly consisting of members elected from the Hill Areas of the State.
- In this article, the expression ‘Hill Areas’ means such areas as the President may, by order, declare to be Hill Areas.
- The President can also direct that the Governor shall have a special responsibility to secure the proper functioning of that committee.
- The Governor should submit an annual report to the President regarding the administration of the Hill Areas.
- The Central Government can give directions to the State Government as to the administration of the Hill Areas.