- The Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order (Amendment) Bill, 2021 was introduced in Rajya Sabha by the Minister for Tribal Affairs, Mr. Arjun Munda, on August 2, 2021.
- The Bill amends the Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order, 1950.
- The Constitution empowers the President to specify the Scheduled Tribes (STs) in various states and union territories. Further, it permits Parliament to modify this list of notified STs.
- The Statement of Objects and Reasons of the Bill states that the Bill has been introduced to give effect to modifications proposed by the state of Arunachal Pradesh.
- The Bill removes the Abor tribe from the list of identified STs in Arunachal Pradesh.