- The promulgation of the Regulating Act of 1773 by the King of England paved the way for the establishment of the Supreme Court of Judicature at Calcutta.
- The Letters of Patent were issued on 26 March 1774 to establish the Supreme Court of Judicature at Calcutta, as a Court of Record, with full power & authority to hear and determine all complaints about any crimes and also to entertain, hear and determine any suits or actions against any of His Majesty’s subjects in Bengal, Bihar and Orissa.
- The Supreme Courts at Madras and Bombay was established by King George – III on 26 December 1800 and on 8 December 1823 respectively.
- List of High Courts in India
- Types of Writs in India
- Appointment and Removal of Judges of the Supreme Court of India
To read more about the Supreme Court of India, check the linked article.
|PIB Summary and Analysis||Important SC Judgements|
|Comprehensive News Analysis||Topic-Wise GS 2 Questions for UPSC Mains|
|IAS Eligibility Criteria||Important Articles in Indian Constitution|