The Young Bengal Movement failed because of the following reasons:
- The group failed to gather support from other Bengali academics and literati
- The social conditions were such that their ideas were too radical to be accepted by mainstream society.
- They did not link masses through peasant causes which would have likely given them even more support from the masses.
For further reading check the following articles:
- 19th Century Social and Religious Reforms Movements in India
- Revision Made Easy: Socio-Religious Reform Movements UPSC
- Indian Education System During British Rule