The National Testing Agency (NTA) is expected to conduct the JEE Main 2020 from July 18 to July 23 at different centres across the country. While there is a lot of uncertainty due to the Covid-19 outbreak there are certain things that candidates should know about the exam to be fully prepared. Besides, they have to follow a set of rules and regulations during the JEE Main exam day. Those who do not follow the rules will not be allowed into the examination hall. This article list out the important instructions that every candidate should keep in mind for JEE Main 2020 exam day.
In general, there are several rules that the students will need to abide on the day of the exam, ranging from the dress code to the required documents and stationery that are needed during the exam. Go through the following JEE Main exam day rules, such as what to bring, what not to bring, required documents to be brought on JEE Main 2020 exam day and general tips for the entrance exam.
Exam Day Tips and Instructions
Things to Carry on JEE Main 2020 Exam Day
Here is the list of things that you will be required to bring for the JEE Main 2020 exam.
- JEE Main 2020 Admit Card: Ensure that all the details provided in the admit card are correct. Check your name, gender, date of birth, test centre, paper, city and state code of eligibility and category. If there is an issue in your admit card, you must contact NTA. The admit card is provisionally issued to the candidates, based on them meeting the eligibility criteria.
- ID card: Candidates should bring a valid Identity card with name and photograph which is issued by the government of India such as Aadhar card, Pan card, Ration card, Passport, Voter ID card, Driving license.
- Students who belong to PwD (Person with Disability) category should provide a valid PwD certificate.
All items other than mentioned above should be left outside the examination centre.
Things Not to Carry on JEE Main 2020 Exam Day
Here is the list of things that you should NOT bring for the JEE Main 2020 exam.
- Accessories: Students will not be allowed to wear any kind of jewellery or accessories. Watch is also not allowed. Students should wear a simple dress with a limited number of pockets.
- Electronic Gadgets: Electronic gadgets like calculators, mobile phones, headphones, camera or tape recorders, log tables, slide rules, docupen are not allowed inside the examination hall.
- Baggage: Students are prohibited from taking any kind of bags in the exam hall. The examination centres will not hold responsibility for items lost or stolen on the premises of the examination hall.
- Stationery: Students who are attempting the paper 1 of JEE Main 2020 will not be allowed to carry any stationery items like pens, pencils, eraser, ruler, paper. The required stationery will be provided to the students from the examination centres during the examination.
- Drinking, smoking and eating: Snacks and drinks are prohibited in the examination hall. Students are not allowed to drink, eat or smoke in the examination hall. Students who are diabetic are allowed to bring sugar tablets or fruits and a water bottle. But packaged food like chocolate, candy or other such things is prohibited.
Important Documents To Carry
The students who are attempting the JEE Main 2020 will be required to present the invigilator with the documents that have been specified by NTA. The following documents are required as per the guidelines.
- Admit card
- Valid class 12 board mark sheet – For those who have cleared class 12 board exam.
- Valid admit card or hall ticket for class 12 board exam – for those who are yet to attempt class 12 board exam
- Valid admit card or hall ticket – for those who have opted for improvement exam of class 12 board exam.
All students are required to bring any of the above-mentioned documents, as per the category you fall under.
Guidelines and Tips to Follow on Exam Day
NTA has outlined various other regulations to ensure that the JEE 2020 exam is completed without the use of unfair means. Here are some tips to follow on the exam day.
The most important document that you need to provide to the invigilator at the exam centre is the JEE Main 2020 admit card. Students without admit card will not be allowed into the examination hall. So, never forget to take your admit card.
Reach on time:
All students are advised to reach the exam centre before the stipulated time mentioned in the admit card. Make sure you reach 45 minutes before so that you can avoid confusion and last-minute hastiness.
Once you enter the exam hall, you will be provided with a sheet by the invigilator. You have to sign on the respective space provided in front of your name. Those who do not sign are considered absent.
Students have to present all the documents regarding the eligibility for the JEE Main 2020 to the invigilator at the time of examination.
Ensure that you are not carrying any unnecessary materials like electronic gadgets, stationery items, paper, etc into the examination hall. Students who violate the rules will be restricted from attempting the examination.
Apart from the above-given instructions, candidates should follow the rules and regulations given by the invigilator at the examination hall. You are advised to restrain yourself from using unfair means like talking or passing chits.