Candidates who have registered for IIT JEE 2021 exam must carefully go through the JEE Main exam day instructions and guidelines that are issued by the NTA. This will help them avoid any last-minute mistakes or confusion. NTA usually releases JEE Main exam day instructions and guidelines on the official website along with the Admit card. They also add all the details in the JEE main information brochure. Aspirants should check the details before appearing for the exam.
More significantly, while there is a lot of uncertainty due to the Covid-19 outbreak, there are some protocols that the exam authority has set in place for JEE Main 2021. These are to be followed strictly by all candidates. JEE Main COVID-19 guidelines and exam day instructions are also mentioned in the admit cards. You can keep reading to know the completed details of the exam.
There are several rules that the students will need to abide by on the day of the exam, ranging from the dress code to the required documents to carry and stationery items that are needed during the exam and so on. Go through the following JEE Main exam day rules, such as what to bring, what not to bring, during JEE Main 2021 exam day and general tips for the entrance exam.
Table of Content
- JEE Main Exam Day Instructions
- Things to Carry on JEE Main 2021 Exam Day
- Things Not to Carry on JEE Main 2021 Exam Day
- Important Documents To Carry
- JEE Main 2021 COVID-19 Guidelines
- Exam Day Tips To Remember
Exam Day Instructions
1. As a precaution for COVID-19, candidates are advised to reach the centre as indicated against Reporting/Entry time at the centre.
2. Candidate shall not be allowed to enter after the Gate Closing Time.
3. Candidates are not permitted to leave the Examination Room/ Hall before the end of the examination.
4. After the completion of the examination, candidates should wait for instructions from Invigilator. They should not get up from their seat until advised. Candidates will be permitted to move out one at a time only.
5. Candidates should carefully read the Instructions and Advisory for COVID-19 given with the admit card and strictly adhere to them.
6. Candidates if they can are advised to visit the examination venue a day in advance to see the arrangements at the centre.
7. If any candidate due to his/her religion/customs require to wear specific attire, they should visit the centre early for thorough checking.
8. Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination centre without proper frisking through the Handheld Metal Detector (HHMD). This will be carried out without touching the body.
9. As for the dress code, shoes/footwear with thick soles and garments with large buttons are NOT permitted.
10. Candidates will be provided with 5 blank paper sheets for rough work. Candidates must write their name and roll number at the top of the sheet and must drop in the designated drop box without fail, before leaving the examination hall/room. Failure to do so may result in a non-evaluation of the answers.
11. Duly filled Admit Card at the end of the examination must be dropped in the designated dropbox. Failure to do so may result in the non-evaluation of the candidate’s answers.
12. Candidate should not adopt any unfair means or indulge in any unfair examination practices. The examination centres are usually under tight surveillance of CCTV and jammers are also installed.
13. If at any stage, it is found that the candidate has submitted multiple Applications and/or appeared in more than one date/shift, then the candidature will be cancelled and legal action will be taken including debarring in all future examinations conducted by NTA.
14. Candidates are advised to check updates on NTA’s website regularly.
Things to Carry on JEE Main 2021 Exam Day
Here is the list of things that you will be required to bring for the JEE Main 2021 exam.
- JEE Main 2021 Admit Card: Ensure that all the details provided in the admit card are correct. Check your name, gender, date of birth, test centre, paper, city and state code of eligibility and category. If there is an issue with your admit card, you must contact NTA. The admit card is provisionally issued to the candidates, based on them meeting the eligibility criteria.
- ID card: Candidates should bring a valid Identity card with name and photograph which is issued by the government of India such as Aadhar card, Pan card, Ration card, Passport, Voter ID card, Driving license.
- Students who belong to PwD (Person with Disability) category should provide a valid PwD certificate. The candidate must bring PwD certificate issued by the competent authority if claiming relaxation under PwD category. The scribe must also carry his/ her own self-declaration(Undertaking) regarding educational qualification, etc., passport size photograph, valid government identity and self-declaration (Undertaking) regarding COVID-19 (as per format given on Page-1). The candidate must also bring her/his own Scribe.
- A simple transparent ballpoint pen.
- For Drawing Test – Part III of B.Arch., candidates must bring their own geometry box set, pencils, erasers and colour
pencils or crayons. The candidates are NOT allowed to use watercolour on the drawing sheet.
- Additional photographs, that will be pasted on the attendance sheet.
- Personal hand sanitiser (50 ml).
- Personal transparent water bottle.
All items other than those mentioned above should be left outside the examination centre.
Note: Before reaching the centre, candidates will be required to enter all the necessary details in the undertaking in legible handwriting. They will also need to paste the photograph into the given space. As for the signature, he/she will be required to do it in the presence of the invigilator. They should also ensure that their left-hand impression is clear and not smudged.
Things Not to Carry on JEE Main 2021 Exam Day
Here is the list of things that you should NOT bring for the JEE Main 2021 exam.
- Accessories: Students will not be allowed to wear any kind of jewellery or accessories. Watch is also not allowed. Students should wear a simple dress with a limited number of pockets.
- Electronic Gadgets: Electronic gadgets like calculators, mobile phones, headphones, camera or tape recorders, log tables, slide rules, docupen are not allowed inside the examination hall.
- Baggage: Students are prohibited from taking any kind of bags in the exam hall. The examination centres will not hold responsibility for items lost or stolen on the premises of the examination hall.
- Stationery: Students who are attempting paper 1 of JEE Main 2020 will not be allowed to carry any stationery items like pens, pencils, erasers, rulers, paper. The required stationery will be provided to the students from the examination centres during the examination.
- Drinking, smoking and eating: Snacks and drinks are prohibited in the examination hall. Students are not allowed to drink, eat or smoke in the examination hall. Students who are diabetic are allowed to bring sugar tablets or fruits and a water bottle. But packaged food like chocolate, candy or other such things is prohibited.
Important Documents To Carry
The students who are attempting the JEE Main 2021 will be required to present the invigilator with the documents that have been specified by NTA. The following documents are required as per the guidelines.
- Admit card with Self Declaration (Undertaking) downloaded from the NTA website (a clear printout on A4
size paper) duly filled in.
- Valid class 12 board mark sheet – For those who have cleared the class 12 board exam.
- Valid admit card or hall ticket for class 12 board exam – for those who are yet to attempt class 12 board exam
- Valid admit card or hall ticket – for those who have opted for improvement exam of class 12 board exam.
JEE Main 2021 COVID-19 Guidelines
Preparation at Centre
1. Standard operating procedures will be followed for implementing safety precautions and for maintaining the required standard of hygiene.
2. Seating area along with peripherals such as monitors, keyboard, mouse, webcam, desk and chair, all door handles, staircase railing, lift buttons, etc will be disinfected and thoroughly sanitized. Wheelchairs (if present at the venue) will be disinfected well. This will be done before each shift starts (and after the last shift of the candidate).
3. Gap between 2 seats will be maintained as per GOI guidelines.
4. Hand Sanitizer will be provided at entry and inside the exam hall at various places.
5. Barcode readers kept at the entry point will be used to scan the barcode present on the admit card. The Lab number will be informed to the candidate at this point.
6. Rough sheets will be kept at all desks before the start of the exam by invigilators wearing gloves to ensure hygiene.
7. It is ensured that all the processes are touch-free to make sure that the social distancing norms are met.
8. Candidates are also advised to maintain social distancing and avoid crowding at the exam centre.
At Time of Entry
1. Candidates should maintain at least 6 feet from each other at all times. Queue manager/ropes and Floor Marks will be
arranged outside the centre, follow the instructions provided by centre staff.
2. Candidates will be required to wash their hands using soap and apply hand sanitiser before entering the centre.
3. Candidates will need to pick up a fresh 3 ply mask provided by the exam authority before entry. They will need to wear the freshly provided mask at the centre.
6. At the time of entry, the filled-in Undertaking on Admit Card, and body temperature (using Thermo Guns) will be checked.
9. Candidates can be denied permission to appear for examination if they violate the covid-19 directives/advisories of Government (Central/State) applicable on the day of the exam.
Exam Day Tips To Remember
Since NTA has outlined various other regulations to ensure that the JEE 2021 exam is completed without the use of unfair means and in the safest way possible here are some tips to remember on the exam day.
The most important document that you need to provide to the invigilator at the exam centre is the JEE Main 2021 admit card. Students without admit cards will not be allowed into the examination hall. So, never forget to take your admit card.
Reach on time:
All students are advised to reach the exam centre before the stipulated time mentioned in the admit card. Make sure you reach 45 minutes before so that you can avoid confusion and last-minute hastiness.
Once you enter the exam hall, you will be provided with a sheet by the invigilator. You have to sign on the respective space provided in front of your name. Those who do not sign are considered absent.
Students have to present all the documents regarding the eligibility for the JEE Main 2020 to the invigilator at the time of examination.
Ensure that you are not carrying any unnecessary materials like electronic gadgets, stationery items, paper, etc into the examination hall. Students who violate the rules will be restricted from attempting the examination.
Apart from the above-given instructions, candidates should follow the rules and regulations given by the invigilator at the examination hall. You are advised to restrain yourself from using unfair means like talking or passing chits.
Candidates can also browse and check the complete info provided by NTA at jeemain.nta.nic.in..
Frequently Asked Questions On JEE Main Exam Day Guidelines
Can I arrive at the centre one hour before the exam?
Yes, you can appear before one or even two hours at the exam centre. However, things will proceed according to the rule and timings set by NTA.
Are watches allowed in JEE Main 2021 exam centres?
No, watches or any other accessories are not allowed in the exam centre.
Is Aadhaar card mandatory for JEE Main 2021?
Candidates can carry any one of the valid id cards issued by the government of India.
Will the candidates be given a new mask at the exam centre?
Yes, candidates will be offered a fresh 3 Ply mask before entry into the exam hall.
Will I be given extra sheets for rough work?
Yes, candidates will be given 5 blank sheets for rough work. However, candidates must remember to drop the papers in the drop box without fail before leaving the examination hall.