NCERT Solutions Class 6 Science Chapter 12 – Free PDF Download
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 12 Electricity and Circuits has answers and explanations to fill in the blanks, true or false, circuit diagram and descriptive answering questions, which will guide you in understanding the concepts involved in the chapter Electricity and Circuits. These NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 12 has questions-related to an electric cell, electric bulb, electric circuits, switches, conductors and insulators, examples of conductors and insulators.
PDF of Chapter 12 of NCERT Solutions consists of accurate solutions, which help the students to quickly complete their homework and prepare well for the exams. It ensures that you get all the necessary information of all concepts included in the chapter. Class 6 is a critical level as it forms the base for students for the forthcoming academic years. So, students who aspire to attain good marks in Science practice CBSE Sample papers without fail.
Access Answers to NCERT Solutions Class 6 Science Chapter 12 Electricity and Circuits
1. Fill in the blanks :
(a) A device that is used to break an electric circuit is called _______________.
(b) An electric cell has _______________ terminals.
(a) A device that is used to break an electric circuit is called switch.
(b) An electric cell has two terminals.
2. Mark ‘True’ or ‘False’ for following statements:
(a) Electric current can flow through metals.
(b) Instead of metal wires, a jute string can be used to make a circuit.
(c) Electric current can pass through a sheet of thermo Col.
3. Explain why the bulb would not glow in the arrangement shown in Fig. 12.13.
The bulb would not glow in the arrangement because circuit is not complete due to presence of insulator in the centre.
4. Complete the drawing shown in Fig 12.14 to indicate where the free ends of the two wires should be joined to make the bulb glow.
5. What is the purpose of using an electric switch? Name some electrical gadgets that have switches built into them.
The purpose of an electric switch is to complete or break the circuit. Electrical gadgets that have switches built into them are fan, refrigerator, television, microwave oven, electric cookers.
6. Would the bulb glow after completing the circuit shown in Fig. 12.14 if instead of safety pin we use an eraser?
No, the bulb will not glow as eraser is an insulator.
7. Would the bulb glow in the circuit shown in Fig. 12.15?
No, the bulb will not glow.
8. Using the “conduction tester” on an object it was found that the bulb begins to glow. Is that object a conductor or an insulator? Explain.
The object is a conductor because the bulb glows only when the conductor is used but not when the insulator is used.
9. Why should an electrician use rubber gloves while repairing an electric switch at your home? Explain.
An electrician uses rubber gloves while repairing an electric switch at your home because rubber gloves are insulators. This protects him from avoiding electric shocks.
10. The handles of the tools like screwdrivers and pliers used by electricians for repair work usually have plastic or rubber covers on them. Can you explain why?
Tools like screwdrivers and pliers are used by electricians for repair work because plastic is an insulator and plastic handles protect the electrician from electric shocks.
Important topics covered in NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 12 Electricity and Circuits
- Electric cell
- A bulb connected to an electric cell
- An electric circuit
- Electric switch
- Electric conductors and insulators
BYJU’S is a premier online education provider which gives NCERT Solutions, NCERT exemplar, sample papers, previous year question papers, notes, textbooks, tips and tricks for all subjects of all the classes. To get free access to all the study materials we provide, download the BYJU’S learning App.
Frequently Asked Questions on NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 12
Explain the use of an electric switch from the Chapter 12 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science.
What type of questions can I expect from the Chapter 12 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science?
What topics can I learn from the Chapter 12 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science?
1. Electric cell
2. A bulb connected to an electric cell
3. An electric circuit
4. Electric switch
5. Electric conductors and insulators