Chapter 1 Reproduction in Organisms is an important topic to learn from an examination perspective. We have provided questions with solutions from NEET question papers, as well as other medical exams such as AIIMS and CPMT.
Important NEET Questions on Class 12 Chapter 1 Reproduction in Organisms
1. Which one of the following statements is not correct?
A. In banana, potato, and ginger, the plantlets arise from the internodes present in the modified stem.
B. Offspring produced by asexual reproduction is called a clone
C. Water hyacinth can deplete oxygen and cause the death of fishes
D. All of the above
2. Apomixis is the development of a new plant
A. Without the fusion of gametes
B. With the fusion of gametes
C. From root cuts
D. From stem cuts
3. A piece of potato tuber will form a new plant if it has _____
A. Stored Food
4. Tissue culture techniques can produce an indefinite number of new plants from a small parental tissue. The economic importance of the technique is ____
A. Genetically uniform population of an elite species
B. Variants through picking up somaclonal variations
C. Development of new species
D. None of the above
5. Cellular totipotency was demonstrated by ___
A. Robert Hook
B. F.C Steward
C. Vladimir Kursk
D. Nigel Marvin
6. Tissue/bacterial culture glassware and nutrients are sterilised through ___
D. Dilute acetic acid
7. Animals which possess cleidoic eggs exhibit
A. Internal fertilization and external development
B. External fertilization and internal development
C. Internal Fertilization and internal development
D. External Fertilization and external development
8. Which of the following is wrong about Chara?
A. Upper anthredium and lower oogonium
B. Globule is a male reproductive structure
C.Globule and nucule is present on the same plant
D. None of the above
9. The “eyes” of the potato tuber are
A. Flower buds
B. Root buds
C. Shoot buds
D. Axillary buds
10. What would be the number of chromosomes of the aleurone cells of a plant with 42 chromosomes in its root tip cells?
Explore more NEET questions from Reproduction in Organisms by registering at BYJU’S.