In 1965, the State Institute of Education (SIE) was set up to provide for systematic study of problems relating to School Education under the administration of Directorate of School Education. Later, in 1970, the SIE (State Institute of Education) was upgraded as the State Council of Educational Research and Training, known as SCERT.
History of TNSCERT
Further on, io 04-06-1990, the TN Government created the DTERT-Directorate of Teacher Education, Research and Training, by orders wide G.O.748, Education (F2) Department. The SCERT was then renamed as DTERT. Then, on 11.03.1997, the complete academic faculty in the DIETs and DTERT was separated from the Directorate of School Education.
These faculty members were then inducted into DTERT service vide G.O.No.106, School Education Department. Following this, in 1999 all private aided as well as unaided Teacher Training Institutions were brought under its control and DTERT became a separate unit. Finally, on 26.03.2012, DTERT was upgraded into “State Council of Educational Research and Training (scert)” vide G.O 83. School Education Department.
- Helps to formulate norms, policies and programmes by taking over the role of State Board of Teacher Education
- Responsible for conducting pre-service Elementary Teacher Education programmes
- In charge of designing in-service training programmes for teacher educators
- Offers in-service training to practising teachers
- Conducts state level research projects and studies
- Responsible for selecting candidates for admission to Diploma in Elementary Teacher Education (D.El. Ed) course through Single Window System
- Creates and revises Teacher Education Curriculum and Source Books for D.El. Ed
- Promotes the development of professional skills of Teacher Educator and frame guidelines for Quality Pre-service and In-service Teacher Education
- Conducts training programmes for Teacher Educators
- Develops and revises the State School Education Curriculum and School Textbooks for classes I to XII
- Organizes evaluation programmes in the field of Teacher Education and School Education
- Undertakes research activities to promote Quality Teacher Education and School Education
Tamil Nadu Board of State Council of Educational Research and Training Resources
In this article, we have compiled a list of resources or study materials, which the students can access and download for future reference, while preparing for the exams. Let us glance through the list of resources.
TNSCERT is also in charge of revising and developing the curriculum as well as the textbooks for students of TN Board Class 1 to 12.
Most students go through the syllabus to get an idea about the topics and concepts that are covered in a subject. It also gives them an overview of what is expected of them throughout the academic year in the form of assignments, project work or practicals. From here, you can access the syllabus given. Find also, the pdf link to download syllabus for TN Board pre-school here.
Here we have compiled the textbooks for students to download. These textbooks help the students understand the concepts thoroughly. Also, the students can refer to the exercises from the textbooks for further practice.
Get 6th-10th TNSCERT Books Download Free PDFs
Find Tamil Nadu State Board Books For Classes 11 and 12 – Download Free PDFs
TN Board sample papers are useful learning resources for students as they are designed by the subject experts and toppers to make students more confident in their preparations before their final exams. Sample papers are taken as a model structure and students can use these as reference material for a better understanding of their entire curriculum.
Stay tuned for more updates about TNSCERT from BYJU’S!