Like all defence-related organisations, the Territorial Army (TA) comes with its own set of eligibility criteria. What they are will be discussed in length in this article.
That way candidates will be familiar with the Territorial Army Exam Eligibility for future instances of the exam
What is the Territorial Army?
The Territorial Army (TA) of India is an auxiliary military organisation of part-time volunteers that provides support service to the Indian Army. It is composed of officers, junior commissioned officers, non-commissioned officers and other personnel holding ranks same as Indian Army, who also have civilian occupations.
The role of TA is to “relieve the regular army from static duties and assist civil administration in dealing with natural calamities and maintenance of essential services” and to “provide units for regular army as and when required”.
|Candidates preparing for the Defence exams can find the following links useful|
Eligibility Conditions for Territorial Army
The eligibility conditions for TA are as follows:
- Age Limit: The age limit for the Territorial Army is 18 to 42 years as on the last day of filing of application.
- Educational qualifications: A candidate for TA must be a graduate from any recognised university. No specialised educational background is required.
- Nationality: As far as the nationality for Territorial Army Eligibility is concerned, the candidates must be Indian. No other nationality will be accepted.
- Physical Standards: A candidate must fulfill all medical and physical requirements as stated by the Territorial Army. For fitness qualification, candidates must serve physical and medical certificates to the authorities for further procedure.
- Employment Criteria: This criteria is unique amongst all defence entrance exams. A candidate must be gainfully employed in order to be a part of the Territorial Army
Documents needed to prove Territorial Army Eligibility
The following documents are necessary to prove eligibility for Territorial Army
- Application Form IAF (TA)-9 (Revised) Part-2 from its Official Website.
- All educational qualification certificates from Class 10th onwards.
- Latest physical fitness certificate from MBBS doctor.
- Identity proof with photograph which Voter ID/PAN Card/Aadhar Card/Passport/Driving license etc)
- Domicile/ Residential proof.
- Age proof certificate (Matric/ Senior Secondary mark sheet & certificate for verification of date of birth).
- Service certificate to be served by candidates employed in Central Govt/ Union Territory/ State/Semi Govt. / Private Sector Authenticated by Head of the office along with Governmental documentation.
- Self-employed candidates are required to submit their attested documents stating the nature of employment and annual income certificates.
- Ex-Service Officers whose names vary in documents should submit a copy of the Gazette notification of India and also a copy of the release order.
- Copy of release medical board proceedings.
- Latest income proof from the appropriate authority (i.e. Income Tax Revenue Department / Magistrate / Employer).
- Copy of PAN Card.
- Copy of Aadhar Card.
- Copy of Certificates / Reports of all Courses.
Frequently Asked Question about Territorial Army Eligibility
Who is not eligible for Territorial Army?
Is the Territorial Army a permanent job?
Can married people join the Territorial Army?
What is the maximum age at which one can apply for the Territorial Army?
Are female candidates eligible to apply for the Territorial Army?
What is the duty of the Territorial Army?
Candidates can refer to the following links for more information on other defence exams
|CAPF Eligibility||CAPF Syllabus|
|NDA Eligibility||CDS Syllabus|
|CDS Eligibility||NDA Syllabus|