AHSEC Board, or the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council, works under the state government of Assam and is the main regulating body for the Higher Secondary (10+2 stage) Education in the State. As such the board works tirelessly to bring in the latest and most updated curriculum, develop and design the AHSEC Board Syllabus as well as prescribe the right textbooks apart from publishing results and issuing certificates.
Update: It was announced on 17th November, 2021 that the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC) and the Board of Secondary Education, Assam (SEBA) will be merged from 2022, and will work as a single unit. Along with this, all the High Schools will be upgraded to Higher Secondary Schools too in the State.
Table of Contents
- Latest Notifications
- About the Assam HS Board
- Overview of the Assam AHSEC Board
- Assam HS Board Exam Resources
- Assam HS Board Exam Statistics
In this article, we have provided the overview of the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council or the AHSEC Board, details pertaining to the board and its Exam, as well as links to access the study materials to prepare for the Assam HS Board Classes 11 and 12 Exams.
- AHSEC has announced that for the HS Examination, 2022, there will be no cut in the Syllabus.
- The timetable of the HS Examination, 2022 for Class 12 has been released by AHSEC, on their official website. Click here to view the timetable.
- The Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC) has released a notification regarding the Examination Fees in their official website.
About the Assam HS Board
The Assam Higher Secondary Education Council was established on 1 June 1984 with the main goal of regulating, supervising and developing an efficient system of higher secondary education in the state. The board is based in Guwahati, which is the capital city of Assam.
Assam Higher Secondary Education Council or AHSEC has been entrusted with the task of developing a better education system for the higher secondary students. The council also prepares and publishes the exam date sheet or timetable, hall tickets and ensures everything goes smoothly during each academic year. The main responsibility of the Board is to conduct the Class 12 Higher Secondary School Leaving Certificate (HSSLC) exam.
Acing the AHSEC is significant for the students as their passing marks for this year will determine their higher studies and career choices, ahead. While it is important for students to do well in the exams, they will find important AHSEC Class 12 materials from books to question papers and syllabus here. Students can access the resources easily and develop a good preparation strategy.
Powers and Functions of Assam Higher Secondary Education Council
Assam Higher Secondary Education Council has to perform below- mentioned powers and functions.
- To prescribe curricula (scheme of studies ), syllabus and courses of instruction for Higher Secondary stage which may be in a college / Higher Secondary school.
- To conduct examination based on such course
- To admit to its examinations, on condition that may be prescribed by regulations, candidates who have pursued the prescribed courses of instruction and also to take such disciplinary action against candidates as may be prescribed by regulations.
- To demand and receive such fees as may be prescribed by the regulations.
- To publish the results of its examination.
- To grant certificates to students passing the examinations.
- To institute and award scholarships, prizes etc.
- To prescribe and select textbooks and supplementary books.
- To lay down conditions of recognition of Higher Secondary School and Junior College.
- To recognize H S School and to withdraw such recognition, if required.
- To take such disciplinary action as it thinks fit against institutions as prescribed by regulations.
- To adopt measures for study and examination problems in fields of Higher Secondary education.
- To advise the Government on physical, moral and social welfare of students in recognized institutions and to prescribe conditions of their residence and discipline.
- To prescribe necessary qualifications of teachers in recognized Higher Secondary Schools.
- To receive grants from the Government and donations from private individuals or associations for specific or general purposes.
- To call for reports from the Director of Public Instruction ( DSE ) regarding the conditions of recognized institutions or of institutions applying for recognition.
- To advise the Government on re-organization and development of HS Education.
- To advise the Government relating to any matter within the provision of this act on which Government may consult the Council.
- To appoint officers and other employees of the Council and to prescribe by regulations the terms and conditions of their services.
- To institute by regulations for the benefit of its officers and other employees such as pension, gratuity and provident fund as it may be deemed fit in such manner and subject to such conditions as may be prescribed by regulations.
- To delegate any of its powers to any committee constituted under the act.
- To administer the AHSEC Education Council Fund.
- To receive, purchase and hold any property, movable or immovable which may become vested in it and to dispose of all or any of the property movable or immovable belonging to it and also to do all other act incidental or appertaining thereto.
- To deal with such acts and things as may be necessary to carry out the purpose of this act.
Overview of the Assam AHSEC Board
|Exam Name||Assam Higher Secondary Educational Council Examination, 2022|
|Conducted by||Assam Higher Secondary Education Council
|Exam Dates||March 15, 2022 – April 12, 2022|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Number of Students||Around 2.5 lakhs|
|Tentative Result Date||May/June 2022|
Assam HS Board Exam Resources
Surfing through this article will get you access to the following links for Mathematics and Science for Classes 11 and 12 by the Assam HS Board. These are useful resources for the Assam HS Board Exam. From the syllabus to the textbooks and all previous year papers or Sample Papers, we have provided all the reference materials as required for the Assam HS Board Exams. You can access the AHSEC 1st and 2nd Year study materials by visiting the links given below;
Assam HS Board Exam Resources for Class 11
|Assam Board Class 11 Syllabus||AHSEC Board Class 11 Textbooks|
|AHSEC Board Class 11 Previous Year Question Papers|
Assam HS Board Exam Resources for Class 12
|Assam HS Board Syllabus||Assam HS Board Books|
|Assam HS Board Previous Years Question Papers||Assam HS Board Model Papers|
|AHSEC 2020 Exam Paper Analysis||Assam HS Board Timetable|
|Assam HS Board Exam Pattern||AHSEC Class 12 Results|
Practising previous year question papers will help the students to understand the question type and marking scheme of the AHSEC Board Exams. At the same time, while trying to solve the question papers, students will realise the weak areas and improve them to make them strong. Therefore, students are stress-free and confident about the Exam. The link will help you download the Assam HS Board Model Question Paper.
Assam HS Board Exam Statistics
- Total Number of Students: The average number of students appearing for the Assam HS Board Exams has roughly been around 2.5 lakhs. In 2021, 2,49,812 students appeared for their Assam HS Board Exams, which was more than that in 2020, when 2,34,809 students appeared. Here is a comparison of the number of students appearing for the Assam HS Exams over the last few years.
|Year||Number of Students Appeared|
- Overall Passing Percent: The performance of students in Assam HS Board has been above 80% since 2016. In 2020 the overall pass percentage was 86.52%. However, in 2021, 98.93% of the students appearing for the Assam HS Board Exams had successfully qualified. Below is a comparison of the passing percentage of the students year-wise.
|Year||Overall Pass Percentage|
Meanwhile, to prepare for the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC) exams, students will need access to the study materials and resources. Stay tuned to get the latest updates on AHSEC Board Class 12 Exams. To download Class 10 study materials like the Assam SEBA Board Class 10 Syllabus register now!