The RBI Grade B exam analysis will help candidates understand the type of questions asked in the exam and in also knowing the important topics with respect to the examination.
The RBI Grade B Officer exam is conducted in three phases:
- Phase I Online Examination
- Phase II Online Examination
As for the 2021 recruitment, the Grade B Officer Phase I exam was held on March 6, 2021, in two shifts and the mains is scheduled to be held on March 31, and April 1, 2021, for the General/DSIM/DEPR posts. In this article, we have discussed in detail the RBI Grade B exam analysis for the two stages of the online examination for the assistance of candidates.
|Preparing for the upcoming RBI Grade B Officer exam 2021??
Review the RBI Grade B exam analysis and start your preparation now with the Free Online RBI Grade B Mock Test Series.
Also, refer to the links given below and prepare more in lesser time:
There are certain ways in which reviewing the RBI Grade B exam analysis will prove to be of help to the aspiring and appearing candidates. This includes:
- Understanding the exam pattern well
- Apprehending the level of examination
- Analysing the type of questions asked in the exam
- Knowing the important topics with respect to the examination
In this article, we bring you the detailed exam analysis for the RBI Grade B Phase I and Phase II examination. To know more about the Officer cadre examination and recruitment process, aspirants can visit the RBI Grade B Notification page.
RBI Grade B Phase I Exam Analysis 2021
The RBI Grade B Officer exam is conducted in three stages, and the prelims exam or the phase I examination is the first stage of the Grade B exam.
In 2021, the RBI Grade B Phase I exam was conducted on March 6, 2021. Given below is the exam pattern for the RBI Grade B Prelims exam:
|RBI Grade B Officer Exam Pattern for Phase – I|
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General Awareness||80||80||A composite time of 120 minutes is provided to the candidate.|
Candidates can check the detailed RBI Grade B syllabus at the linked article.
The exam was conducted in two shifts and given below is the overall RBI Grade B exam analysis for the phase I examination 2021:
|RBI Grade B Exam Analysis 2021- Phase I (Overall)|
|Shift||Level of Exam||Good Attempts|
|Shift 1||Moderate to Difficult||100-106|
|Shift 2||Moderate to Difficult||102-107|
The overall level of the exam was moderately difficult, and the candidates can check the RBI Grade B cut off for the previous recruitments to analyse the trend change in qualifying marks at the linked article.
The section-wise RBI Grade B exam analysis has been discussed below:
|RBI Grade B Exam Analysis 2021- Phase I (Section-wise)|
|Shift||Subject||Level of Exam||Good Attempts|
|Shift 1||English Language||Moderate||23-25|
|Reasoning Ability||Moderate to Difficult||24-25|
|Shift 2||English Language||Moderate||23-24|
|Reasoning Ability||Moderate to Difficult||29-30|
|General Awareness||Moderate to Difficult||27-28|
Candidates willing to apply for the upcoming RBI exams, can visit the linked article for more information.
RBI Grade B Exam Analysis 2021 – Section-wise
Below we have discussed the topics from which questions were asked from each section in the RBI Grade B section-wise exam analysis for the prelims exam conducted on March 6, 2021.
- English Language
The table given below gives an approximate distribution of questions asked on different topics in the two shifts of the Grade B Officer Phase I exam conducted on March 6, 2021:
|RBI Grade B Exam Analysis 2021 [Phase I] – English Language|
|Topic||Number of Questions|
|Idioms and Phrases||3|
The reading comprehensions were based on:
- Increasing cases of Tuberculosis and its preventions
- Usage of the smart watch to detect cardiac arrest remedy
The overall level of this section was moderate.
- Quantitative Aptitude
The table given below shows the distribution of questions in the quantitative aptitude section for the two shifts in which the exam was conducted on March 6, 2021:
|RBI Grade B Exam Analysis 2021 [Phase I] – Quantitative Aptitude|
|Topic||Number of Questions|
The data interpretation questions were in the format of caselets and pie charts. They were lengthy but doable. The arithmetical problems were asked from Mensuration, Time and Work, Percentage Age Problems, etc.
The overall level of the exam was between moderate to difficult.
- Reasoning Ability
The table given below shows the distribution of questions from different topics of the reasoning ability syllabus that were asked in the RBI Grade B phase I examination:
|RBI Grade B Exam Analysis 2021 [Phase I] – Reasoning Ability|
|Topic||Number of Questions|
|Machine Input and Output||5|
Given below are the type of puzzles and seating arrangement questions which were asked in the reasoning section:
- Linear Seating Arrangement – 2 Rows
- Blood Relations based puzzle
- Tabulation based puzzle
- Schedule based puzzle
- 2 Parallel Rows with 6 people in each row
- Floor based puzzle
- Box based puzzle
Overall the level of this section was moderate to difficult
- General Awareness
Given below are a few memory-based questions which were asked in the RBI Grade B Phase I examination in the general awareness section, based on the two shifts combined together:
- First Novel of Amitav Ghosh
- Question on Indian Innovation Index
- When is the International Tea Day observed?
- Question on Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Kushal Yojana
- When is the Good Governance Day observed?
- Questions based on Union Budget 2021
- Questions on RBI Financial Report
- West Indies and Bangladesh Series
Apart from these, 8-10 questions were based on Static GK and the section was moderate in terms of its level of difficulty.
|RBI Grade B Admit Card||RBI Assistant||RBI Admit Card|
|RBI Grade B Exam Dates||RBI Exam Pattern||RBI Grade B Books|
RBI Grade B Phase II Exam Analysis
The RBI Grade B Phase II exam for the General post was held on April 1, 2021, and for the DSIM/DEPR posts was conducted on March 31, 2021. Candidates who had appeared for the exam or are willing to apply for the upcoming recruitment can refer to the Phase II exam analysis discussed further below.
Given below is the RBI Grade B Phase II exam pattern has been given below in brief:
|RBI Grade B Officer Exam Pattern for Phase – II|
|Name of the Paper||Type of the Paper||Duration (in minutes)||Marks|
|Paper I Economic & Social Issues||Objective Type||90||100|
|Paper-II English (Writing Skills)||Descriptive (to be typed with the help of keyboard)||90||100|
|Paper III Finance & Management||Objective Type||90||100|
The overall level of the phase II examination was moderate and discussed below is the section-wise exam analysis for the RBI Grade B mains examination.
Given below is a list of topics from which the objective type questions were asked in the mains examination:
- PM Kisan Yojana
- Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
- The organisation responsible for India’s GDP Forecast
- 15th Finance Commission Report – ESI
- Change in Globalisation
- India’s input in order to fulfil Global Climate Challenge
- Demographic Transition
Apart from these, reading comprehension was also there based on which a Land Reforms question was asked
Overall the level of this section was moderate and not very difficult.
Descriptive Type Questions
Given below are the memory-based descriptive type questions for 15 marks and 10 marks:
- 15 marks Questions (600 words):
- The various Poverty Estimation Method in relation to Per Capita, Inflation & Consumption and Safety Net Program
- The impact of different dimensions of Globalisation that have evolved since the Global Financial Crisis of 2008
- Vertical and Horizontal allocation of resources to states as per the 15th Finance Commission
- The function of regulatory bodies in India
- What is Corporate Governance and its principles?
- 10 marks Questions (400 words):
- Influence of Demographic Transition on economic growth in India
- How will India’s socio-economic, health and developmental projects work for climate change
- Disinvestment of Strategic Sectors & Non Strategic sectors in Union Budget 2021-22
- Difference between Transformational and Transactional leadership
Writing Skills (English Language)
- Precis Writing on Sand Mining
- Reading Comprehension was based on Black Marketing
- Topics for Essay Writing included:
- BPO Industry and it’s future in India
- How is creative thinking important in business
- How can computer coding and language benefit/harm school students
For any further information regarding the RBI Grade B result, candidates can visit the linked article.