The multinational military exercise, ZAPAD 2021 is scheduled for September 2021 and will be held in Russia. It is one of the theatre-level exercises of the Russian armed forces and will focus primarily on operations against terrorists.
17 countries have been invited to participate in ZAPAD 2021, of which nine are participating countries while eight are observing countries. India too will be a part of this military exercise with 200 Indian Army personnel contingent.
Aspirants preparing for IAS Exam must know about all the military exercises conducted between India and other countries as it constitutes an important part of the static GK/current affairs section.
To get a comprehensive List of Joint Military Exercises of the Indian Army, visit the linked article.
Candidates can also complement their preparation by referring to the links given below:
|India-Russia Relations||International Bilateral Relations of India|
|Security Forces and Agencies in India||Armed Forces Tribunal|
ZAPAD 2021 – Key Facts
- The exercise will be held between September 3, and 16, 2021 at Nizhniy, Russia
- 17 countries have been invited to be a part of this military exercise. Given below are the countries invited to participate in the exercise:
- Participating Countries – Mongolia, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Serbia, Russia, India, and Belarus
- Observers – Pakistan, China, Vietnam, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Uzbekistan, and Sri Lanka
- India’s NAGA Battalion group is going to be participating in the exercise and will feature an all arms combined task force.
- The force has been put through a strenuous training schedule that encompasses all facets of conventional operations including mechanized, airborne & heliborne, counter-terrorism, combat conditioning and firing
- Objective of the Military Exercise – To build and enhance the military ties between the participating nations while strategically executing the ZAPAD exercise
For the latest updates and news important from the UPSC perspective, candidates can visit the Current Affairs page and get their daily dose of national and international affairs.
|What is the Naga Regiment of the Indian Army?
The Naga Regiment is an infantry regiment of the Indian Army. The first battalion of the regiment was raised on November 1, 1970, in Ranikhet.
The regiment encompasses battalions of Kumaon, Garhwal, and Gorkha regiments and was also known for its contribution in the Kargil War.
Candidates can also acquaint themselves with the updated UPSC Syllabus for the prelims and mains examination at the linked article and accordingly start their preparation.
For the latest exam updates and study material, visit BYJU’S.
|Other Related Links|
|Indra Exercise||Cobra Gold Exercise|
|IAS Hindi||Indian National Army|
|Chief of Defence Staff||IAS Salary|