Nari Shakti Puraskar is given by the Government of India to deserving individuals as well as institutions that work for the empowerment of women. The Nari Shakti Puraskar is awarded annually on 8th March, i.e., on the occasion of International Women’s Day.
Latest context: Ministry of Women and Child Development rewards deserving individuals and institutions in recognition of their service towards women empowerment on 8th March 2022. Aspirants would find this topic very helpful while preparing for the IAS Exam.
|Looking for study material to ace the upcoming UPSC CSE? Refer to the links below and start your IAS exam preparation now:|
About Nari Shakti Puraskar
- Ministry of Women and Child Development confers Nari Shakti Puraskar every year to individuals and institutions for their service towards women empowerment, especially vulnerable and marginalised women.
- MWCD declares the recipients of Nari Shakti Puraskars every year by 20th February and the awards will be conferred on International Women’s Day i.e., 8th March.
- The maximum number of awards conferred (for individuals and institutions) is 15. The maximum number can be relaxed at the discretion of the selection committee.
- The award in every category will carry a certificate and Rs. 2 Lakh per awardee.
- This award showcases the Government’s commitment to strengthening the position of women in society.
- It provides an opportunity for young Indians to understand the contribution of women in building society and the nation.
Nari Shakti Puraskar – Eligibility for Nomination
- The awards are open to all individuals and institutions
- For the Individual category, the awardee’s age must be more than 25 years as of 1st July of the award year.
- For institutions, it should have worked in the relevant field for more than 5 years.
- The applicant should not be a recipient of the same award earlier.
- It is awarded to individuals, institutions, groups, NGOs etc for their outstanding work in the areas of economic and social empowerment of women or pertaining to this theme like
- Encourage women to participate in decision-making roles
- Encourage women’s skill development in traditional and non-traditional sectors
- Facilitate basic amenities for rural women.
- Promote women in non-traditional sectors like science and technology, sports, art, culture concretely and significantly towards safety and security, health and wellness, education, skill development, life skills, respect and dignity of women.
- The award can also be given to a State or UT for improving the Child Sex Ratio(CSR).
- The award can not be presented posthumously
Some Related Links
|List of Padma Award Winners 2022||Awards In India|
|Sahitya Akademi Award 2022||List of First in India|
Nari Shakthi Puraskar 2022
Nari Shakti Awards 2022 are distributed in 6 institutional categories and 2 individual categories. They are
- Rani Lakshmi Bai Award: It is given to the institution that has contributed to the research and development in the field of women empowerment
- Rani Gaidinliu Zeliang Award: It is given to Civil Society Organisation for doing outstanding work for the welfare and well-being of women.
- Mata Jijabai Award: It is given to Urban local bodies that provide services and facilities to women.
- Kannagi Devi Award: It is given to state who has improved their Child Sex Ratio
- Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar Award: It is given to institutes that worked for the wellbeing of women.
- Rani Rudramma Devi Awards: It is given to two districts panchayat and two gram panchayats for their contribution in their area regarding the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Yojana or Scheme.
- For courage and bravery
- For making outstanding contributions to women’s endeavour, community work, or making a difference, or women’s empowerment.
Nari Shakthi Puraskar Winners 2022
|Name||State / UT||Domain|
|Sathupati Prasanna Sree||Andhra Pradesh||Linguist – preserving minority tribal languages|
|Tage Rita Takhe||Arunachal Pradesh||Entrepreneur|
|Madhulika Ramteke||Chhattisgarh||Social Worker|
|Niranjanaben Mukulbhai Kalarthi||Gujarat||Author & Educationist|
|Pooja Sharma||Haryana||Farmer & Entrepreneur|
|Anshul Malhotra||Himachal Pradesh||Weaver|
|Shobha Gasti||Karnataka||Social Activist – Working for ending Devadasi system|
|Radhika Menon||Kerala||Captain Merchant Navy – First woman to receive award for Exceptional Bravery at Sea from IMO|
|Kamal Kumbhar||Maharashtra||Social Entrepreneur|
|Sruti Mohapatra||Odisha||Disability Rights Activist|
|Batool Begam||Rajasthan||Maand & Bhajan Folk Singer|
|Thara Rangaswamy||Tamil Nadu||Psychiatrist & Researcher|
|Neerja Madhav||Uttar Pradesh||Hindi Author – working for rights for transgenders and Tibetan refugees|
|Neena Gupta||West Bengal||Mathematician|
Nari Shakti Puraskar:-Download PDF Here
Some Related Links:
|UPSC MCQ On Polity||Polity Questions and Answers|
|FAQ on UPSC||IAS Exam|
|Topic-wise UPSC Prelims Questions PDF||UPSC Syllabus|
|UPSC 2023||UPSC Age Limit|