On July 16, 2021, the Union Minister for Tribal Affairs and Union Minister of Education, jointly launched the School Innovation Ambassador Training Program for 50,000 school teachers.
The program is a collaborative effort by the Ministry of Education’s Innovation Cell, Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
The training will be conducted through online mode only and will help teachers evolve with the latest digital technologies and new methods of teaching and learning.
This article shall deal with the specifications of the program, along with its objectives and expected outcomes. All IAS Exam and government exam aspirants must refer to the information discussed below in detail for preparation.
Also, refer to the related links given below, in line with the UPSC Syllabus:
|DIKSHA – National Teachers Platform For School Education
|Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan
|Digital Education in India
About Innovative Ambassador Program by CBSE & AICTE
- Objective –
- The key objective of the program is to make the teachers in the country, change-agents and ambassadors of innovation, and in turn, nurture lakhs of students with innovation capabilities, develop a culture of innovation and lay the foundation of a new and vibrant India
- It aims at training 50,000 School Teachers on Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), Design Thinking, Product development, Idea generation, among others
- Benefits of the Initiative –
- Since its a collaboration between the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Education, the authorities intend to benefit a large number of tribal students across the country through this program
- The School Innovation Ambassador Training Program (SIATP), will give wings to the creativity of the children and provide a platform so that they can give something new to the world with their ideas
- It will also benefit students under the Tribal Ministry’s Eklavya Model Residential Schools (EMRS)
- Emphasis will be placed on the development of creativity, collaboration, critical thinking and communication skills among children
- The Ministry of Tribal Affairs has also launched an Adi-Prashikshan portal which is a repository of training inputs. It will be of great benefit if the SIATP training module also gets connected to this portal
|What is Eklavya Model Residential Schools (EMRS)?
EMRS started in the year 1997-98 to impart quality education to ST children in remote areas in order to enable them to avail of opportunities in high and professional education courses and get employment in various sectors.
The Tribal Ministry aims to set EMRS in every block with more than 50% ST population and at least 20,000 tribal persons by the year 2022.
What is the Need for Innovation Ambassador Training Program?
- SIATP encourages innovation at the core of the New Education Policy
- Through this program, the teachers will be helped to transform into guides from being instruments of written textbooks
- First, the teachers will be trained for innovative learning and then they can guide the children to build an innovative future for the country
Aspirants can also visit the linked article and read about the National Initiative for School Heads’ and Teachers’ Holistic Advancement (NISHTHA) program. It was launched in 2019 with an aim to improve the quality of School Education through Integrated Teacher Training.
|Kickstart your IAS preparation now with the UPSC Previous Year Question Papers. Also, complement it with the links given below:
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the education sector has seen a serious transition to online learning. This, switch between online and offline has not just been challenging for the students but also for the teachers.
It has thus become a necessity to train teachers with new and innovative methods of teaching, and not just impart bookish knowledge but also guide them through the implementation of future growth as an individual and contribute to the development of the country.
The School Innovation Ambassador Training Program will act as a platform for teachers to learn newer and innovative methods of teaching and also expand their own knowledge.
For candidates who are preparing for the upcoming Civil Services exam, can visit the UPSC FAQ page and get answers to all the queries regarding their IAS recruitment.
Get the latest exam updates, study material and preparation tips at BYJU’S.
Frequently Asked Questions on School Innovation Ambassador Training Program
Q 1. When and by whom was the School Innovation Ambassador Training Program launched?
Q 2. Who were the Union Minister of Tribal Affairs and Union Minister of Education at the SIATP launch?
|Other Related Links
|IAS Eligibility Criteria
|Comprehensive News Analysis
|Right to Education (RTE) Act
|Annual Status of Education Report (ASER)
|Topic-Wise GS 1 Questions in UPSC Mains