IAS English preparation books
The UPSC Mains Exam is just a few months away and the commission has already announced the UPSC 2018 Mains Timetable.
Here, we bring a list of best books to refer to prepare for the English Compulsory paper of UPSC Civil Service (Main) Exam.
Compulsory English Book for IAS
Best books for the preparation of English Paper for Civil Services Main Exam:
Book Name: Compulsory English
Author:A P Bhardwaj
The Compulsory English Book comes handy to IAS Aspirants preparing for the Civil Services Main Exam. It is highly recommended to aspirants who want to learn Compulsory English of the UPSC Mains Exam.
This book will be an asset for UPSC Exams and other competitive exams.
This book contains sufficient explanation of concepts with examples that will make the learning process easier for aspirants’.
Book Name: Contemporary Essays For Civil Services Examinations
This book provides gives an insight on writing excellent essays. This book is highly recommended to IAS Aspirants.
- It is considered as prerequisites of a good essay.
- The book provides introductory write-up on the art of essay writing
- This book provides reference to vital government data and documents in most essays
- The topics in the book are meticulously designed to the present situation that will meet the aid the aspirants’ in their preparation.
Book Name: UPSC Civil Services Main Exam – Indian Society: A General Overview 1st Edition
Author Name: B. Ramaswamy
This book will aid the UPSC Aspirants to understand the formation of Indian Society and its cultures and contains all the details of Indian Society.
The book contains in-depth information of Indian Society and topics like
- Salient features of Indian society, diversity of India
- Role of women and women’s organization, effects of globalization on Indian society, social empowerment, communalism, regionalism and secularism
- Population and associated issues, poverty and developmental issues, urbanization, their problems and their remedies
Book Name: Unique Quintessence of a Compendium of Essays
Author Name: J K Chopra
This book is regarded as one of the best essay books for the UPSC Mains Exam Preparation.
- The book consists of 120 essays.
- Covers political, economic, social and other topics
- Gives a descent idea to the students about essay writing
- This book also contains solved previous years civil services question papers
Book Name: The Vault of Essay
Author Name: Jha Y N
This is all about UPSC Exams and contains topics that cover almost all the sections of the civil services exam. It is highly recommended to IAS Aspirants to go through this book to get a good hold on the essay writing.
This book covers Essays on topics like-
- Political & Economic Issues
- National & International Issues
- Social Issues
- Science-Tech, Environmental & Ecological Issues
- Philosophical & Quotation Based Issues
- Cultural Issues & Personalities