Animal husbandry is a branch of Science that takes care of animals that are raised for meat, fibre, milk, eggs, or other products. UPSC Animal Husbandry optional has two papers in IAS Exam.
Aspirants who have an academic background in Agriculture, Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Botany, Dairy and other related fields can opt UPSC Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science as their optional subject.
The UPSC Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science Syllabus include various components. Aspirants need to do a wide and intensive reading for preparing this optional subject. This is important to set short-term goals to complete the optional subject in a limited time.
Books for Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science for IAS
Before opting for IAS Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science optional subject for civil service examination, the candidate should be well-versed with UPSC Mains stage.
The booklist for UPSC Animal Husbandry optional is given below:
- A guide on forest Entomology – Regupathy
- A Textbook Of Animal Husbandry- G C Banerjee
- Advanced Animal Nutrition- D. V Reddy
- Agricultural Economics- S Subba Reddy
- Animal husbandry & veterinary science- T.N. Palanivelu
- Animal Husbandry- Gyan Deep Singh, Anmol Publishers
- Animal Physiology- K. A. Goyal, Rastogi Publishing
- Animal Physiology- Kavita Juneja, Anmol Publishers
- Basics Of Animal Physiology- Monalisa Kar, Anmol Publishers
- Biotech’s Dictionary Of Animal Husbandry – Daya Publishing
- Biotechnology Expanding Horizons – B D Singh, Kalyani Publishers
- Essentials Of Plant Breeding -Phundan Singh, Kalyani Publishers
- Fundamentals of Agriculture Volume-1 -Arun Katyayan, Kushal Publications
- Fundamentals Of Agriculture Volume-2 -Arun Katyayan, Kushal Publications
- General Agriculture- Muniraj S Rathore, Jain Brothers
- Handbook Of Agriculture, Publisher : ICAR
- Handbook Of Animal Husbandry -Manoj Kumar Rai, Oxford Book Company
- Horticulture At A Glance Volume II -A S Salaria, Jain Brothers
- Indian forestry – A breakthrough approach to forest service- K. S Manikandan and S. Prabhu
- Introduction To Agriculture – A K Vyas, Jain Brothers
- Milk And Milk Products Technology -Subhash Biswas, Jaypee Brothers
- Principles Of Agronomy- Yellamanda Reddy, Kalyani Publishers
- Principles Of Animal Nutrition & Feed Technology- D V Reddy, Oxford
- Principles Of Genetics & Animal Breeding- F H KHAN, Jaypee Brothers
- Textbook Of Animal Diseases -Ashok Kumar, Sonali Publication
If you are targeting UPSC 2020, check the linked article to align your preparation accordingly.
We have provided few relevant articles to IAS Animal Husbandry optional and IAS Exam. Candidates may check those in the table below: