UPSC has released the schedule for UPSC 2019 IAS Exam. The UPSC IAS Prelims 2019 exam is scheduled on 2nd of June 2019. In UPSC IAS Mains exam candidates have to face the one optional subject with two papers which is an essential factor in deciding candidates fate. UPSC IAS Exam is conducted in three phases- Prelims, Mains and Interview.
Geology a branch of Earth Sciences, has risen as one of the most secure and scoring optional subject for the UPSC Civil Services Mains examination. This subject is easy to understand, hence easy to crack. So, if the aspirants have profound interests in geology, then choose this subject. The syllabus of geology for UPSC IAS Mains exam is long and aspirants may require over three months covering the syllabus. The syllabus of Geology ought to be done before IAS prelims.
UPSC Geology Study Material
Books for Geology optional for UPSC IAS Mains
- Advancing Frontiers in Geology and Geophysics : A Volume in Honour of M.S. Krishnan- A P Subramaniam & S. Balakrishnan
- Ananda K. Coomaraswamy Writings on Geology and Mineralogy : Scientific Papers and Comments- Ranganathan, A. & Rao, K. Srinivasa (Eds.)
- Concise Glossary of Geology- Mathur, S.M.
- Deccan Traverses : The Making of Bangalore’s Terrain-Mathur, Anuradha & Cunha, Dilip Da
- Delta Sedimentation: East Coast of India- Singh, I.B. & Swamy, A.S.R.
- Dimensions of Himalayan Geology- Biyani, A.K.
- Early Man in Eastern Himalayas : North-East India and Nepal- Sharma, A. K.
- Earthquake Disaster Reduction : Masonry Buildings, Design and Construction- Arya, Anand S.
- Encyclopaedia of Fish and Fisheries- Anand, Vishal
- Encyclopaedia of Geo-Informatics : Incorporating GIS and Remote Sensing, 5 Vols.- Trivedi, Priya Ranjan et al.
- Encyclopaedia of Geology- Yadgiri, Vaishali
- Encyclopaedia of Paleontology- Sharma, Vivek
- Foreland Sedimentation in Himalayan Tectonic Regime : A Relook at the Orogenic Process- V. Raiverman
- Geologic Settings and Petroleum Systems of India’s East Coast Offshore Basins : Concepts and Applications- Ravi,Bastia
- Geological Maps- D.K. Awasthi
- Geology and Evolution of the Indian Plate (from Hadean to Holocene – 4Ga to 4 Ka)- Naqvi, S.M.
- Glossary of Structural Geology and Tectonics- P.S. Saklani 6. Wild India : The wildlife and landscapes of India- Guy Mountfort & Hashim Tyabji
- Himalaya : Geological Aspect, Vol. 5-P.S. Saklani (Ed.)
- Himalaya : Geological Aspects, Vol. 1 & 2 – P.S. Saklani
- Himalaya : Geological Aspects, Vol. 3- Saklani, P.S. (Ed.)
- Himalaya : Geological Aspects, Vol. 4 / Saklani, P.S. (Ed.)
- History and Culture of the Himalaya, 3 Vols- Gulia, K. S
- Hydrocarbon Potential and Exploration Strategy of Cauvery Basin, India- J.N. Sahu
- Inland Fisheries : Ecology and Management- Welcomme, R. L
- Marine Geology : A Scenario Around Indian Coasts- T.K. Mallik
- Metallogenesis of Manganese Ores of Srikakulam-Visakhapatnam Belt- Siddiquie, F.N.
- Mine Closure- Naresh Chandra Saxena
- Mineral Exploration : Recent Strategies- S. Rajendran et al.
- Poisonous Snakes- F. Wall
- Remote Sensing and GIS for Natural Resource Management-Bir Abhimanyu Kumar
- Remote Sensing in Geomorphology- Ramasamy, S.M.
- Soil Chemistry : Basic Concepts- G. Byju
- The Evolution and Classification of Soils-Ramanan, E. & Whittles, C.L. (Tr.)
- The Ice Age in the Indian Subcontinent and Associated Human Culture-Terra, H. De. & Paterson, T.T.
Tune into byjus.com/free-ias-prep for more strategy articles and news on UPSC Civil Services IAS Exam