UPSC Medical Science Books
UPSC has released the notification for UPSC 2017 IAS Exam. The IAS Prelims exam is scheduled on 18th June 2017. The IAS Mains exam is scheduled in the month of October. UPSC IAS Exam is conducted in three phases- Prelims, Mains and Interview. It is known as the toughest exam in India. The marks of Optional subjects are considered as the cornerstone of this exam.
Medical Science as an optional subject for UPSC IAS Mains
The is also a professional degree subject like engineering and law. An aspirant not from Medical science background cannot choose this subject as it deals with the in-depth study of human body. But an aspirant who is an MBBS graduate must think about this subject as one of the optional. Medical science won’t be a right optional for BDS, BAMS or any other field graduate. The previous pattern was discernible. The syllabus of Medical science for UPSC is vast. There are so many candidates who cleared UPSC Civil services Examination by choosing Medical Science as their optional subject.
Books for Medical Science optional
Here we are giving the important books for Medical science optional Paper I and Paper II. This will help the aspirants with Medical Science optional for UPSC IAS Mains. Like, other optional subjects, Medical science have two papers.
The paper I include Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, Pathology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Microbiology, and Forensic Medicine and Toxicology.
Paper II of medical science comprises to General Medicine, Obstetrics, and Gynaecology including Family Planning, Pediatrics, Community Medicine, Dermatology and General Surgery.
Books for Medical Science Paper-I
- Human Anatomy—B D Chaurasia
- Embryology from I B Singh;
- Human Physiology– Ganong; Guyton and A.K. Jain book
- Biochemistry– by U. Satyanarayana book.
- Pathology– Robbins, and Cotran
- Textbook of PATHOLOGY- Harsh Mohan
- Essentials of Medical Pharmacology-K D Tripathi
- Illustrated Reviews Pharmacology -Lippincott
- Microbiology– D R Arora
- Medical Parasitology- D R Arora
- Ananthanarayan and Paniker’s Textbook of Microbiology
- Essentials of Forensic medicine and Toxicology- Dr. K S Narayan Reddy
- Park Textbook of Preventive and Social Medicine- K Park
Books for Medical Science Paper-II
- General Medicine textbook of medicine- S N Chugh
- Medicine: Prep Manual for Undergraduates- George Mathews
- Emergency medicine- S N Chugh.
- Manipal Manual of Surgery- K. Rajgopal Shenoy
- Clinical surgery- S Das.
- Pediatrics– Essential pediatrics by O P Ghai, Paul and Bagga.
- Practical Aspects Of Pediatrics- Dr. Mayoor K Chheda
- Illustrated Synopsis of Dermatology and Sexually Transmitted Diseases- Dr. Neena Khanna.
- Textbook Of Obstetrics-D.C. Dutt