Books for Political Science and International Relations UPSC/Books for UPSC optional political science/Political Science books for IAS.
UPSC has released the notification for UPSC 2020 IAS exam recently. UPSC IAS Exam which is the toughest exam in the country is conducted in three stages- Prelims, mains, and interview. Optional subjects are considered as a significant part of UPSC IAS Mains Exam. This article gives a list of important Political Science and International Relations books for UPSC mains.
Political science as an optional subject for IAS Mains Exam
The Political science optional subject is a General study friendly subject. It is a decent optional subject with around 50-60% syllabus coordinating with the General Studies Paper. It is a very dynamic and constantly evolving subject. Candidates seeking to choose political science, ought to be more aware of the paradigm shift in core area than in the changes in the revised syllabus. In fact, the revision of Political science has paved a way for scoring more marks in this particular optional. The Paper I of political science deal with the Political Theory and Indian Politics. Paper-II deals with Comparative Political Analysis and International Politics.
BYJU’s has already come up with the UPSC syllabus for Political Science. Now we have compiled important books for Political Science optional for UPSC IAS Exam.
Books for Political Science optional for UPSC IAS Mains/Books for UPSC Political Science optional
Books for Political Science Paper I
- An introduction to the constitution- DD Basu
- An introduction to political theory- O.P Gauba
- Fifty major political thinkers- Ian Adams and R W Dyson
- A History Of Political Thought: Plato To Marx – Mukherjee and Sushila Ramaswamy
- An Oxford companion to politics in India-Niraja Gopal Jayal and Pratap Bhanu Mehta
- Foundations of Indian political thought- V. R Mehta
- A new look at modern Indian history- B.L Grover and Alka Mehta
- India’s Struggle For Independence – Bipan Chandra
- Indian Government and Politics – B L Fadia
Books for Political Science Paper-II
- India’s foreign policy – V P Dutt
- International organizations- Spectrum Books Publication
- International Relations -Khanna
- Challenge and Strategy: Rethinking India’s Foreign Policy- Rajiv Sikri
- Does the Elephant Dance?: Contemporary Indian Foreign Policy- David M. Malone
- Global politics- Andrew Heywood
- MPS-004 Comparative Politics: Issues and Trends by Expert Panel of GPH
NCERT Polity books for UPSC
- Polity: NCERT Class IX – Political Science: Democratic Politics Part – I
- Polity: NCERT Class X – Political Science: Democratic Politics Part – II
- Polity: NCERT Class XI – Political Science: Indian Constitution at Work
- Polity: NCERT Class XI – Political Science: Political Theory
- Polity: NCERT Class XII – Political Science I: Contemporary World Politics
- Polity: NCERT Class XII – Political Science II: Politics in India since Independence
Tune in to byjus.com/free-ias-prep/ for more information on UPSC Civil Service IAS Exam.