The Civil Services Exam is considered the toughest competitive exam in India. The key strategy to crack UPSC Exam is persistent and constant hard work.
In 2010, T.V. Anupama did the whole of Kerala proud by becoming a UPSC topper, securing All India Rank 4 in the Civil Services Examination. She had a meticulously defined strategy to achieve her dream of becoming an IAS officer.
T.V Anupama Age: 32 years
Date Of Birth: 17th October 1986
T.V. Anupama hails from Malappuram district in Kerala. The immense trust in her capability and the support from family helped her to stay focused to achieve her goal. She did her schooling from Vijayamatha Convent High School, Ponnani, and St. Clair’s Higher Secondary School.
She joined BITS Pilani’s Goa campus for BE (Hons) in Electronics Engineering. During her vacation time during graduation, she used to attend Malayalam optional classes conducted in Pala. After finishing her graduation she started preparing for the UPSC IAS Exam.
Toppers Strategy: T.V Anupama
Malayalam and Geography were her optional subjects for the Civil Services Mains Examination. Her UPSC exam preparation was focused and intensive. Initially, she started preparing for UPSC Mains exam because that is where an aspirant needs to strengthen their concepts. She used to devote 13 to 16 hours a day with books and relevant magazines. She slept six hours without disruption and used to take a 10- or 15-minute rest during studies.
She relied on several magazines, The Times of India and The Hindu for preparing for the general studies paper for UPSC Mains Exam.
UPSC Topper’s Tips from T.V. Anupama IAS
- Aspirants should never opt for an optional subject without an interest in it.
- Constant motivation is an essential element of success.
- Aspirants should not mug up everything for UPSC IAS Prelims. Aspirant’s preparation for the UPSC IAS Mains Exam will automatically help you for the Prelims.
- Knowing facts is not just enough for UPSC IAS Examination. Aspirants must read the comments, opinions, and analyses which will help them in answer writing.
- Aspirants should read the newspaper and focus on editorial, national events, economy, environment, International affairs, and science and technology.
UPSC aspirants can motivate themselves with success stories like this for the IAS 2019 exam. Topper’s tips can guide aspirants in their UPSC strategy to get the maximum benefit out of their studies.
To read more about preparing for the Civil Services, visit: