HAL stands for Hindustan Aeronautics Limited. It is a state owned aerospace and defense company headquartered in Bangalore. Its primary purpose is to design, fabricate and assemble fighter aircrafts, transport aircrafts for Air Force, helicopters etc. It was established in the year 1940 and renamed in the year 1964.
Aspirants would find this topic very helpful in the IAS Exam.
What are the Projects of HAL Undertaken in Collaboration with Russia?
Some of the important projects of HAL carried out in collaboration with Russia are given below.
- 140 Kamov Ka 226T helicopters will be produced at the Tumkur facility. This is part of Make in India project. The first batch will roll out in 2025.
- Manufacturing of Sukhoi 30Mki fighter jets.
- Manufacturing of engines for MiG 29K fighter jets.
- Multi role transport aircraft project with Russian company Ilyushin.
Where are the Manufacturing facilities of HAL located?
The Manufacturing facilities of HAL are located in the following cities.
Which are the Indigenous Products Developed by HAL and Future Projects of HAL?
Some of the indigenous products developed by HAL are given below.
- Light Combat Aircraft (Tejas) Mk1
- LCA Mk. 1A
- L-40 stages of Geosynchronous Launch Vehicle (GSLV) Mk II. for Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
- Propellant tanks of PSLV, GSLV MkII and GSLV MkIII.
- Rudra – It is a Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)
- Dhruv – It is an Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH).
Some of the future indigenous projects of HAL are given below
- Medium Weight Fighter Aircraft
- Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) – It would be a 5th Generation fighter aircraft.
The above details would help candidates prepare for UPSC 2021.
|IAS Salary||UPSC Eligibility|
|Civil Service Exam||Static GK|
|Government Exams||UPSC Syllabus|
|UPSC Books||UPSC Question Paper|
|Best Optional Subjects for UPSC||10 Must Read Books for IAS Aspirants|