The name of the important subsidiary bodies of the Security Council are:
1. CTC– Counter-Terrorism Committees
2. ICTR – International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda
3. ICTY – International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia
4. MSC – Military Staff Committee
5. NPC – Non-Proliferation Committee
6. Standing Committees and Ad Hoc Bodies
This is an important topic for IAS exam aspirants.
What are the amendments that support the formation of subsidiary bodies by the Security Council?
The formation of subsidiary bodies by the Security Council is mentioned under Article 29 of the United Nations Charter.
What are the sanctions committees?
Sanctions committees are established to help the UN security council in enforcing its decision related to comprehensive economic and trade sanctions and/or more targeted measures such as arms embargoes travel bans, financial issues, etc.
What is the Military Staff committee?
The Military Staff Committee helps plan UN military measures and regulate armaments.