State Governments instructed to develop primers in regional as well as local tribal languages
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs has asked the State Governments to develop bilingual primers containing text both in regional and local tribal languages through Tribal Research Institutes (TRIs), which would help to integrate traditional wisdom with educational methods to empower tribal students.
- The traditional wisdom is an integral part of tribal cultural heritage. Ministry of Tribal Affairs is committed to preserve, protect and promote the rich tribal heritage including art & artefacts, handicraft, sports, tribal medicines, traditional medicinal practices etc.
- Government supports Tribal Research Institutes (TRIs) established in State, to work as a body of knowledge & research more or less as a think tank for tribal development.
- Funds are provided to TRIs under the Scheme ‘Support to TRI’ for various activities including construction of museum, library, language primers
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs, in association with Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Ltd. (TRIFED), organized a National Tribal Festival i.e ‘Aadi Mahotsav’ from 16th November, 2017 to 30th November, 2017.
- National level tribal festival / carnival is organized by the Ministry to showcase glimpses of rich cultural heritage of tribal people across the country through unique forms of folk dances, songs, cuisine, exhibition and demonstration of traditional skill in painting, art and craft, medicinal practices etc.
- As per decision of the GST Council, e-Way Bill system has made mandatory from 01st April, 2018 for all inter-State movement of goods.
- The implementation of the nationwide e-Way Bill mechanism under GST regime is being done by GSTN in association with the National Informatics Centre (NIC).
About e-Way bill
- EWay Bill is an electronic way bill for movement of goods which can be generated on the eWay Bill Portal. Transport of goods of more than Rs. 50,000 (Single Invoice/bill/delivery challan) in value in a vehicle cannot be made by a registered person without a eway bill.
- Eway bill can also be generated or cancelled through SMS, Android App and by Site-to-Site Integration (through API).
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.