World Conference on IT
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the event through video conference.
- This event is being held in India for the first time.
- It has been organized in partnership with NASSCOM, WITSA and the Government of Telangana.
Clean Air Campaign shows qualitative impact on Air Quality in Delhi
- The first week of the Clean Air Campaign launched by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change on February 10 shows a qualitative impact on Air Quality in Delhi.
- Data collated by Central Pollution Control Board since the start of the implementation of the Clean Air Campaign shows that the level of Air quality which was in Very Poor category at the beginning of the Campaign, has remained at ‘Moderate’ level from February 12-15 and at ‘Poor’ level on three days – February 16, 17 & 18.
- According to the System of Air Quality and Weather Forecasting and Research (SAFAR). SAFAR has projected that the Clean Air Campaign has resulted in significant reduction in the level of air pollution vis-à-vis the business as usual scenario.
Clean Air Campaign
- It is Two-week awareness programme to sensitise Delhiites about pollution and air quality.
- The Centre will launch a joint campaign for two weeks, with Delhi government, New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC), the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) and other municipal agencies.
- Resident Welfare Associations (RWAs), shopkeeper associations and the civil society would be encouraged to become a part of these teams and participate in the campaign for mitigation of pollution.
- The teams will be provided with checklists so that there is focussed activity on mitigation of pollution, including effective measures for dust mitigation, solid waste management and prevention of garbage burning.
World Environment Day 2018
- World Environment Day (WED) is celebrated every year on June 5th.
- India is selected as the Global Host of World Environment Day 2018.
- “‘Beat Plastic Pollution’” is the theme of the World Environment Day this year.
Global Digital Health Partnership Summit
- This summit is being held at Canberra, Australia.
- Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Shri J P Nadda attended the summit.
Recent initiatives of Health ministry in providing Digital Health Services
- India’s National Health Portal provides authentic information related to healthcare to citizens.
- NHP is functioning as Citizen Portal for Healthcare, providing health-related information to citizens and stakeholders in different Indian languages.
- Hospital Information System is being implemented in hospitals for automation of hospital processes to achieve better efficiency and service delivery in public health facilities up to Community Health Centre level.
- e-Hospital- developed by National Informatics Centre which is implemented in more than 173 Hospitals.
- e-Sushrut– developed by Centre for Development of Advanced Computing Noida which is implemented in more than 80 hospitals.
- Online Registration System (ORS) is used for scheduling online appointments in public sector tertiary care hospitals.
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.