338 Workers to be conferred with Prime Minister Shram Awards
- Shri Venkaiah Naidu, Hon’ble Vice President will give away the awards to 338 workers on 26th February 2018 in Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Prime Minister Shram Awards will be given in four categories namely ‘Shram Ratna Award’, ‘Shram Bhushan Award’, ‘Shram Vir/Shram Veerangana’ and ‘Shram Shree/Shram Devi Awards’.
- Awards are given to the workers in the Public Sector Undertakings, Departmental Undertakings of the Central and the State Governments and Private Sector units employing 500 or more workers in recognition of their distinguished performance, innovative ability, outstanding contribution in the field of productivity and exhibition of exceptional courage and presence of mind.
International Conference on Sustainable Biofuels
- It is a two- day International Conference on Sustainable Biofuels is jointly being organized by Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India on behalf of Mission Innovation and Biofuture Platform at the Stein Auditorium, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
- The event will bring together experts from Biofuels sector to take stock of current knowledge, share information and best practices, and build consensus on the actions most needed to move forward.
- Mission Innovation (MI) is a global initiative of 22 countries and the European Union to dramatically accelerate global clean energy innovation. As part of the initiative, participating countries have committed to double Clean Energy Research and Development investments over five years.
- The Sustainable Biofuel is one of the Seven Mission Innovation Challenges and India Co-leads this along with other countries Brazil, Canada and China.
Heavy Water Board signed an agreement with M/s Clearsynth
- Heavy Water Board, a constituent industrial unit of DAE, signed a collaborative agreement with M/s Clearsynth, Mumbai yesterday for sale of 20 tonnes of Heavy Water in a year for development of deuterium labeled compounds.
- This marks the beginning of an important era in the annals of Indian Nuclear industry leading to societal benefits for the masses.
- It is worth noting that during the previous year’s Indian industries have imported deuterated compounds and Heavy Water to the tune of 9 Million USD.
- This Agreement will initiate import substitution for the deuterated compounds and Heavy Water.
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.